Installing high power subs (5000w) n amp (2000w): do I need new alternator?

I went with this sub / amp combo:

SKAR Sub n Amp combo @ Amazon

I have a 2014 jeep wrangler unlimited willys with a stock alternator. Im guessing i need a better alternator for this? Any suggestions?

Im hooking all this into the Heigh10
I would start spending the money on a good deep cycle battery and a capacitor. For 5,000 Watts you're going to need at the very least a 5.0 farad digital capacitor. Ok sorry. So I actually read over the whole listing. A 5.0 will definitely work for this amp. You could actually go down to a 4.0 if you wanted to, but I'd stick with the 5.0. I'm guessing when they list dual 4 ohm speakers, they mean dual voice coils and not 2 single voice coil 4 ohm speakers. If they are in fact dual voice coils, I'd would check and see if they are wired for 2 ohm each and not just wired in parallel. But anyways, I don't think you'll need a bigger alternator. I have a 2x 5,000 watt amps in my truck with a 50 farad digital capacitor, yellow top and stock alternator. My lights don't dim at night.

I would start spending the money on a good deep cycle battery and a capacitor. For 5,000 Watts you're going to need at the very least a 5.0 farad digital capacitor. Ok sorry. So I actually read over the whole listing. A 5.0 will definitely work for this amp. You could actually go down to a 4.0 if you wanted to, but I'd stick with the 5.0. I'm guessing when they list dual 4 ohm speakers, they mean dual voice coils and not 2 single voice coil 4 ohm speakers. If they are in fact dual voice coils, I'd would check and see if they are wired for 2 ohm each and not just wired in parallel. But anyways, I don't think you'll need a bigger alternator. I have a 2x 5,000 watt amps in my truck with a 50 farad digital capacitor, yellow top and stock alternator. My lights don't dim at night.
Ok cool. Can you suggest where to buy / best brand and perhaps any tutorials to install? This is gonna be my first full install of a radio and amp/sub setup.

Edit: im looking at the;

Pyle 5.0 Farad Digital Power Capacitor​

$40 on amazon. And the

WEIZE 12V 100AH Deep Cycle AGM SLA VRLA Battery​

for $164 on Amazon. Will these work? Now i gotta find a diagram on how to wire these up

Last edited:
Ok cool. Can you suggest where to buy / best brand and perhaps any tutorials to install? This is gonna be my first full install of a radio and amp/sub setup.

Edit: im looking at the;

Pyle 5.0 Farad Digital Power Capacitor​

$40 on amazon. And the

for $164 on Amazon. Will these work? Now i gotta find a diagram on how to wire these up
Stinger, Audiopipe and Planet Audio are good brand capacitors. The Pyle is OK but I don't think it's a true 5.0 farad. I actually have Weize batteries for my solar battery bank. I never used 1 in a vehicle though. For the capacitor, you're going to have to charge it. It's easy. Most companies give you a resistor to use. Don't bother using it. Use a 12v incandescent bulb. I always use a t10 bulb and straighten the prongs on the bulb. The bulb acts like a filter. There's plenty of YouTube videos on how to wire the capacitor to charge it. For your install you will need some more 1/0 gauge wire and ends to wire from the capacitor to the amp. When you wire in the 200 amp fuse, make sure it's closer to the battery and not by the amp. If something goes wrong, your wire will burn until to gets to that fuse. Ask my buddy Matt who didn't listen to me.

I like ridiculously overpowered engines. They like ridiculously overpowered audio. We will both probably end up deaf. And broke.
Lol. Im hoping to throw in a v8 when this v6 dies. I got the car with 158k miles and would love a more powerful engine. I wish my jeep was a manual tho to better enjoy that kind of upgrade. An upgrade i have yet to research the cost.

Stinger, Audiopipe and Planet Audio are good brand capacitors. The Pyle is OK but I don't think it's a true 5.0 farad. I actually have Weize batteries for my solar battery bank. I never used 1 in a vehicle though. For the capacitor, you're going to have to charge it. It's easy. Most companies give you a resistor to use. Don't bother using it. Use a 12v incandescent bulb. I always use a t10 bulb and straighten the prongs on the bulb. The bulb acts like a filter. There's plenty of YouTube videos on how to wire the capacitor to charge it. For your install you will need some more 1/0 gauge wire and ends to wire from the capacitor to the amp. When you wire in the 200 amp fuse, make sure it's closer to the battery and not by the amp. If something goes wrong, your wire will burn until to gets to that fuse. Ask my buddy Matt who didn't listen to me.
According to your first reply you mentioned both the capacitor and the battery. Do i really need both? If so, am i hooking the battery to the cars main battery or leave it standalone and just recharge it when its almost depleted?

Thanks

Lol. Im hoping to throw in a v8 when this v6 dies. I got the car with 158k miles and would love a more powerful engine. I wish my jeep was a manual tho to better enjoy that kind of upgrade. An upgrade i have yet to research the cost.
Depends on how much you do yourself. A professional hemi swap will run you around $40,000. A whole lot less if you do it yourself.

According to your first reply you mentioned both the capacitor and the battery. Do i really need both? If so, am i hooking the battery to the cars main battery or leave it standalone and just recharge it when its almost depleted?

Thanks
Sorry. I meant to just upgrade the battery already in the Jeep and get a capacitor

So now im thinking I definitely should upgrade my battery because it wont charge the capacitor past 9.9v. Yea unfortunately i used the resistor that came with the capacitor but it's what i had around.

The only thing besides that now thats holding me back is i dont have the right tools atm to loosen any damn nuts in the back to put my two ground wires at. Ahhhh so close to the finish line

Depends on how much you do yourself. A professional hemi swap will run you around $40,000. A whole lot less if you do it yourself.
Damn thats a ton of $$$. Id rather do as much as i can solo but im definitely nowhere near equipped or have the space to do that.