Installing grab bars on 2018 Wrangler 4-door

Lippy

Since I hav back issues, purchased 4 grab bars for help getting in! Installed 2 rear, no problem! While trying to install front, I ended up dropping a spacer down pillar! Was disgusted and quit! Does anyone have a small spacer for front grab bar? Or how to remove from pillar?

Please let me kno if u have a short spacer for grab bar, or if u kno I may be able to take plastic pillar apart to get at it! Thanks, jim

I saw a YouTube the other week on installing a rearview mirror with backup camera and they showed how to remove the pillar. It was on the Extreme Terrain website. Hope this helps.

I've taken it apart several times. One of the push clips has a plastic screw in the center. I'll warn you, it's soft plastic so it's easy to strip and easy to drop. I've put a dab of goop on the head so it'd stick to the screwdriver.

Totally doable ;)

Reactions: mrjp
The only thing I grab now after 32 yrs of marriage, is my hound when we have to clip his nails. Good Times.
I did the same thing so I got a piece of same diameter conduit, cut to length and shaped radius and was more careful there after. works good, no problems.

Last edited:
I also installed the front grab bars. Didn't drop anything down the pillar. Glad I read the posts about that happening. But what I found was the darn things were a bit tricky and I might say difficult to align the screws into the holes in the frame. In my career I have worked on and repaired everything from doorbells to washing machines to autos to commercial kitchen equipment and even rocket engines. I can say this thing was the most frustrating install ever. Fortunately I survived unscathed but decided I wouldn't want to do it again.

Reactions: mrjp