Installed back up camera today and now....

Bfunck

So I just installed a new back up camera today. Everything went as planned for the most part after fixing a little wiring mishap. My question is after all was done I noticed that when the Jeep is running in park I hear a click sound when applying the brakes. Sounds like a relay under the passenger side dash. I have to be honest I never noticed it before. I did check to make sure all the lights worked as normal and they do. Thank you in advance for any input on this

Last edited by a moderator:
What source did you use for the camera power? For reference, I recently wired one and chose to use the reverse light power feed and do not hear any clicking...

Do you also hear it when in drive and braking? If it's hard to tell maybe get someone to ride along and listen for you.

Assume the actual camera feed is working as intended based on your statements...

Yes that is the way I also wired it up...I think I found out what it is. People say it is some kind of "release" from when you shift out of park. It makes sense because it ONLY does it when the vehicle is running and only when in park. It does not do it when the acc is on and it does not do it when it is in drive.

Reactions: tJKrider
Yeah there is a brake interlock to allow the shifter to be moved out of park only when the brake is depressed. Mine isn't that loud but maybe I've just never really paid attention! If you only hear one click that's probably it...

Again thank you for the help......stand by because I am sure I will have more questions. I am trying to just do a couple things at a time. Next is going to be some steering upgrades / replacement parts.