If anyone could help me out would greatly appreciate it.!!

jeepguy87

Hello guys I'm new to this forum thing and appreciate all the help it brings.
I have a question and hoping someone can help me out.
I changed out my oil filter housing unit in my 2013 jeep Wrangler JKU.
Everything was a breeze.
I always double triple check everything before moving on. Anyway got it in checked everything out, put it all back together again and since that I've had a massive oil leak spilling from the top end of the hood going down my transmission. I pulled everything apart again. Everything looked good was connected nothing out of place and was still clean. Put it all back together again and after a min of running it started to spill again like crazy. Like water running out of a bath. I'm so lost right now. If someone can give me an idea of what could possibly be wrong I'd really appreciate it.

If I had to guess, it is the cap on the filter housing. Either the gasket isn't seated properly or the cap isn't tightened down all the way. My daughter changed the oil on her 3.6 and a similar thing happen... the cap wasn't seated all the way.

Thanks for the response. And you mean the cap for the oil filter itself correct. Cause there is no oil residue on anything around it

Thanks for the response. And you mean the cap for the oil filter itself correct. Cause there is no oil residue on anything around it
Yes, that's what I meant.

If that's not it, all I can suggest is to really inspect thoroughly. If it's related to the replacement, there would be oil in the valley, but you stated everything was clean. Was this a mopar part or aftermarket?

Upload videos to YouTube or something similar and then link using the MEDIA button at the top of the message editing screen.

K

VideoCapture_20231028-145758.jpg

The housing lined up with the screw holes and it seated perfect. My gut tells me some stupid gasket isn't sitting correctly that could be causing such a huge leak like this

Unfortunately, I don't know that you'll be able to figure it out without taking it apart again. When you're inspecting the part, I also check the the plugs on the ports, too. I have a doorman and everything is sealed up, but if you have a different brand it may not

I've been holding on to this unit for about a year. With the way supply chain issues were happening, I just bought it before I needed it. When I do the spark plugs, I'll probably replace it as a maintenance item. But this picture shows what I'm talking about.
1000003736.jpg