Ideas to kill time during the pandemic?

The shuggs

Back in December I finally got into a JK after over 7 years driving my 98 TJ. It's a 2014 manual JKUR that had 65k km (40k miles) on it. I still have my TJ which is now my project vehicle, but with social distancing going on I'm in need of more things to do to kill time. I'll be emptying every pocket for my TJ, so I'm looking for relatively cheap and easy ideas to improve the functionality of my JK.

For example I want to:
- Mod the locker wiring to allow the use of them in 4Hi.
- ESC override switch
- LED headlights (will use the J-scan app to address the flickering).
- Install a dash cam.
- Replace interior bulbs with LEDs.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Easy, but tedious is best. :LOL:

Change all the fluids in everything, unless you know when they were done last. Find all your ground straps and wires to make sure they are clean.

Change all the fluids in everything, unless you know when they were done last. Find all your ground straps and wires to make sure they are clean.
I bought it from a dealership, and specifically requested that. But it wouldn't hurt to know where all the grounds are.

I slowly inspecting all the rusted parts of my rig and treated them so rust won't come back. No bolt unturned!
Bought spark plugs and all fluids required and will do them all next. One day at a time.....

Edit: it took 1 day for all :(

Last edited:
Reactions: The shuggs
For example I want to:
- Mod the locker wiring to allow the use of them in 4Hi.
- LED headlights (will use the J-scan app to address the flickering).

Do you guys have any suggestions? Easy, but tedious is best. :LOL:

the jscan app will do that locker thing you want

I would get under it and look for any and all signs of surface rust, take the wire wheel to them, and then spray over the bare metal with some satin black spray paint.

I have spark plugs and gaskets coming from amazon in very slow motion.
I bought new lug nuts but they will take even longer to get here. When they do, I will be power brushing and painting anything I can see on the underside while I have the wheels off.
It still isn't warm enough here to stretch out the new soft top, but that will be my version of a big mod.
I also keep thinking about the underside fluids, but put it off, messy.
Don

Edit, is there an existing list of the type of fluid and amounts one could use to call in an order to the parts store for a complete fluid change? I have a standard transmission. Are there any crush rings or other seals that should be replaced?

Last edited:
We have it easy here.
This women road motorcycle solo from india, through a bunch of the "stan" countries and back to Holland last year. Great entertainment when locked down. Seems everywhere she goes demonstrates that the fear all News media like to report is not a real problem. Just lots of nice people, most a lot nicer than the people in our country.

This year her plan was to ride from the tip of South America to Alaska. She was having a good time "until".
Her last six video is about what happened in Peru in the last few weeks. She had raced out of Bolivia thinking she could spend April riding around Peru, waiting for the borders to open again.
In her last video I think she said 13,000 people arrested in Peru for not following the new rules, with only over a 1000 reported cases.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEIs9nkveW9WmYtsOcJBwTg

I definitely want to check for rust, but there's still a bit of snow on the ground, but it looks like it will be mostly gone in a week or so.

100,000 miles OEM Spark Plugs

IMG_1567.jpg

Last edited: