HVAC blower motor works intermittently

Don Wid

Hi ,I have a 08 jku sahara when I turn on the heat or ac the blower mot works sometimes, sometimes not. sometimes it will work then stop. anyone else have this issue and what the fix is. Right now the jeep is at my mechanic and so far he cant figure it out

I can tell you this.

If the HVAC blower motor only comes on if switched to high then change the resistor.

If it is off at any speed then it turns on if you give the motor a wack then change the motor,

If it is off and comes back on by only turning off the jeep and turning it on again then change the TIPM.

If all of that doesn't fix the problem then change the switch and A/C heater control module cause that is all that is left.

I
I can tell you this.

If the HVAC blower motor only comes on if switched to high then change the resistor.

If it is off at any speed then it turns on if you give the motor a wack then change the motor,

If it is off and comes back on by only turning off the jeep and turning it on again then change the TIPM.

If all of that doesn't fix the problem then change the switch and A/C heater control module cause that is all that is left.
It usually works better and stays on longer when not on high
I haven't tried hitting the blower motor
I don't know what the TIPM is
I was thinking it was something to do with the A/C heater controls being worn out or something

My mechanic has the Jeep for 3 days now, and I havent heard anything back. I will call him monday morning if it's not fixed I can just start changing parts myself without paing him tons of money.

The TIPM is the rectangular box with all the fuses and relays in it near the air filter and battery. Just hope it isn't the TIPM from what I heard they aren't real cheap to rebuild.

Reactions: Chris
Got the Jeep back from the mechanic he said that there was a short somewhere, and these jeeps are loaded with electrical problems which he fixed a few others.

Since you was paying the mechanic to fix it if it was me i'd ask for him to show and tell you what he did to fix it. A good Mechanic wouldn't have a problem doing that.

no but I trust him. I have been taking my vehicles to him for years,and he knows I only go there when I can't fix it myself. plus my brother used to work with him at another shop.

It's not a trust issue, if you knew what he did then you could post on here so that it would help someone else who might have a similar problem.

It's not a trust issue, if you knew what he did then you could post on here so that it would help someone else who might have a similar problem.

I agree, this would be much appreciated.

It always helps because at some point someone is going to stumble upon this thread, and they are going to have no idea how you fixed it, just that it was fixed.

Glad it's resolved though.

I agree, this would be much appreciated.

It always helps because at some point someone is going to stumble upon this thread, and they are going to have no idea how you fixed it, just that it was fixed.

Glad it's resolved though.
I used to have a 2008 wrangler with a blower motor that did the exact same thing ..(ran when it felt like it) After looking at the heater wiring schematic I see that the control on the dash supplies ground to the motor. There are two wires going into the blower motor, one has power anytime the ign. switch is on. I did not want to spend a bunch of money on a new TPIM so I put a wire from the motor (At the motor) Red One I think it was, to a relay powered by the ign switch. Now the blower works normal. Be sure you tap a wire in the fuse box That goes off when you shut of the ign.