How to make sure a new TIPM will be compatible with my car?

mahe

Hello!
Recently bought a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited. My horn and door locks do not work, also having problems with lights and wipers. Brought it to a mechanic and I need to replace my TIPM. I've been looking on ebay to buy one and found an interesting offer. However, I don't have a serial number on my current TIPM, so not sure how to check if the new TIPM will be compatible with my car. Would anyone know where I can find that information?
The TIPM I'm buying is from a 2008 jeep wrangler, but no specifications to if it comes form a Rubicon or a Sahara. Would it still be compatible even though it comes from a Rubicon?

Thank you!

Hello!
Recently bought a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited. My horn and door locks do not work, also having problems with lights and wipers. Brought it to a mechanic and I need to replace my TIPM. I've been looking on ebay to buy one and found an interesting offer. However, I don't have a serial number on my current TIPM, so not sure how to check if the new TIPM will be compatible with my car. Would anyone know where I can find that information?
The TIPM I'm buying is from a 2008 jeep wrangler, but no specifications to if it comes form a Rubicon or a Sahara. Would it still be compatible even though it comes from a Rubicon?

Thank you!

There should be part numbers on them, so as long as the part numbers are the same your ok.

Don't play around with a used, potentially incompatible TIPM unit.
Any money you save on the unit cost will be quickly absorbed with just a single trip to the dealer to have it corrected.

I purchased a remanufactured unit for our 2015 that came with a LIFETIME warranty.

Go here and check out the options that are appropriate for your specific vehicle.
They can confirm the programming details needed for a seamless upgrade using your VIN.
https://goecm.com/

Don't play around with a used, potentially incompatible TIPM unit.
Any money you save on the unit cost will be quickly absorbed with just a single trip to the dealer to have it corrected.

I purchased a remanufactured unit for our 2015 that came with a LIFETIME warranty.

Go here and check out the options that are appropriate for your specific vehicle.
They can confirm the programming details needed for a seamless upgrade using your VIN.
https://goecm.com/
Thanks for the tip! I had checked it out but the ones for a 2008 are sold out :(

• Sad
Reactions: WestCoastDan
Reactions: tJKrider
I had also found a place that will rebuild your existing unit… can’t recall their name now but a Google search should be helpful.