How to get Uconnect to connect faster?

Moab

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Is there anyway to get Uconnect to connect to my phone faster using Spotify? Or is there a trick to keep it from taking forever to connect?

My 1999 Jeep TJ with an old Kenwood single din connected faster than this 2012 JKU! And sometimes it just doesn't connect. Or I have to keep closing and opening the app or turning the stereo/vehicle on and off in various combinations. And even when it does show connected in the Porify app I have to repeatedly hit "disc aux" on the stereo.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note.

Is it better to have Spotify open before you start the Jeep? Is there a known strategy for getting it to connect?

With you having to reconnect and/or hitting the audio button it sounds like head unit problems? Mine connects within the first minute or two every time, also using an android.

With you having to reconnect and/or hitting the audio button it sounds like head unit problems? Mine connects within the first minute or two every time, also using an android.
Ya. It shouldn't take 2 min to connect tho. My old kenwood would hook up almost immediately.

Is there anyway to get Uconnect to connect to my phone faster using Spotify? Or is there a trick to keep it from taking forever to connect?

My 1999 Jeep TJ with an old Kenwood single din connected faster than this 2012 JKU! And sometimes it just doesn't connect. Or I have to keep closing and opening the app or turning the stereo/vehicle on and off in various combinations. And even when it does show connected in the Porify app I have to repeatedly hit "disc aux" on the stereo.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note.

Is it better to have Spotify open before you start the Jeep? Is there a known strategy for getting it to connect?
Mine connects with my phone within seconds. I have the same type of phone (Note9). My JKU is a 2016, and that might make a difference. Do you have a manual for your JK?

Mine connects with my phone within seconds. I have the same type of phone (Note9). My JKU is a 2016, and that might make a difference. Do you have a manual for your JK?
Yes.

MOPAR Engineers should have called it "Sometimes UConnect".
It has been shit since it was released.
Replace the factory radio and move on.
Ya. I totally agree. A cheap android double din is lightyears ahead of this. IMHO they are better than than most of the $1000+ name brand stereos. You can get an android 12 double din 10 inch with 6G+128GB for $300. With the entire dash kit.

It's just a ways down on my list of improvements.

I just thought maybe there was a boot sequence that would make the stock unit boot quicker or boot more reliably. Like opening Spotify before you start the Jeep or something.