How many older model JKs out there that had a leak in their heater core?

TROY66/68

D**n Wildlife here.
Lifetime Supporting Member
Curious how many older model JKs out there that had a leak in their core? I heard this could be a weak OEM part. Winter is coming, and I just want to be prepared to cut the original one out ( the fast You Tube way, not the $$$ insane dealership route ). In the Aircraft industry we would replace or rebuild parts before they failed (my old habits stick with me).

I have a 2008 Sport with 245000 miles on it with no issue with the heater core (or, surprisingly enough, the radiator). My eldest has a '09 Sahara with no issues. My old '13 (future daughter in law's) has about 89k on the clock and hasn't had any problems. My '16 has 55k and is fine. Small sample size, but there it is.

The weakness I know of is cracking of the plastic tanks on the radiator. The heater core, no issues in my limited experience.

THXS JerryD. My 2010 only has 41K miles, and I have changed the 5yr coolant twice now. Your sample size is good enough for my piece of mind. Was not like I was going to fly it, one Forced Landing in my past, is enough in my lifetime. LOL