How do I tell the TPMS that 30-32 psi is normal so the low tire pressure warning doesn't come on?

MARROBLET

I want to run lower tire pressure then the recommended 37 psi. How to I tell the TPMS that 30-32 psi is normal so the low tire pressure warning does not come on?

Because some of us really like to know when we've had a puncture or other leakage problem develop while wheeling or daily driving.

Can you imagine what people had to do before TPMS existed? Must have been a hard life.

I mean jeez, I must get a flat at least several times per year. I can't imagine what I would do without TPMS!

The shop that did my lift, gears, tires, and rims used the super chips tuner, to reset the tire size for the speedometer, the gear ratio for the transmission, and get rid of the tpms light, since there are no longer sensors.
They "threw it in" with the deal. The super chips tuner is vehicle specific and it uses the vin. I didn't know enough about the process to tell them to skip that and knock the cost off the price.
Since I have the tuner I will use it, but I would prefer the Jscan.

The shop that did my lift, gears, tires, and rims used the super chips tuner, to reset the tire size for the speedometer, the gear ratio for the transmission, and get rid of the tpms light, since there are no longer sensors.
They "threw it in" with the deal. The super chips tuner is vehicle specific and it uses the vin. I didn't know enough about the process to tell them to skip that and knock the cost off the price.
Since I have the tuner I will use it, but I would prefer the Jscan.

The beauty of Jscan is that it's $50 including the license and the adapter. The other "feature" I like about it is that it's one less item you have to remember to take when you're out doing stuff and I can just leave my superchips at home (I got it before Jscan came out I think). Since I've always got my phone, having an additional scanner is one less thing to get lost/broken/stolen while out and about.

Plus it's using bluetooth, so you can walk around and check things like your lights while you're making changes, etc.

It is good to be able to look at the dash and know if your inflation is even.
I set the warning light to come on with the lowest Jscan would allow. the setting might have a low of 22# which is about right for "I have a problem" if i didn't air down on purpose.

In the winter I usually like to see about 30# for normal driving, Summer I go to 32 for comfort vs mpg.

Don

The beauty of Jscan is that it's $50 including the license and the adapter. The other "feature" I like about it is that it's one less item you have to remember to take when you're out doing stuff and I can just leave my superchips at home (I got it before Jscan came out I think). Since I've always got my phone, having an additional scanner is one less thing to get lost/broken/stolen while out and about.

Plus it's using bluetooth, so you can walk around and check things like your lights while you're making changes, etc.
Do you have a link for the jscan package for $50? Thanks

Reactions: Vman
Can you imagine what people had to do before TPMS existed? Must have been a hard life.

I mean jeez, I must get a flat at least several times per year. I can't imagine what I would do without TPMS!
The part where it counts is when a tire has gotten low in street or highway driving. That can turn into a problem if you need to maneuver suddenly and one tire is seriously under pressure. As far as actual pressure goes, the TPMS isn't any usually less accurate than some of the cheap guages you can pick up in a parts store.

Reactions: Chris
The best purchases I've made since joining the Wrangler JK Forum which directly effect the performance of my JKU: JScan & dongle, Pedal Commander and shocks. I've added and replaced all kinds of stuff, but these were the most important to the life of my JK.
Thanks all!

The part where it counts is when a tire has gotten low in street or highway driving. That can turn into a problem if you need to maneuver suddenly and one tire is seriously under pressure. As far as actual pressure goes, the TPMS isn't any usually less accurate than some of the cheap guages you can pick up in a parts store.

So you don't check your tire pressures on a regular schedule like checking your fluids?