How do I fix a Leaky roof seal and drenched rugs

Anne Marie Lusardi

My Jeep is somehow leaking through the freedom top roof seal and down the drivers seatbelt, into the bottom rug. I read some people have gotten roof seal kits. Is that an easy install or do I need to go to a shop to get it fixed? Additionally im having trouble lifting the carpeting all off. There is water soaked inside and below. Do I need to take any specific action to be able to release the carpeting or is it just a pop off?

(Also side note. I’m not physically in vicinity of my Jeep until the end of the month so I’m speaking in behalf of a family member trynna solve this for me)

• Face Palm
Reactions: mrjp
This is an option as well. I had a couple annoying small drips from the Freedom panels and I replaced each piece provided in this kit. No more leaks.
Remove the panels and lay them inside up across a couple sawhorses with a towel or piece of carpet over them so as not to scratch the top paint. If the adhesive from the old seals is a problem, rubbing alcohol or nail polish removers works to get the old adhesive off.

1672853617040.png

My Jeep is somehow leaking through the freedom top roof seal and down the drivers seatbelt, into the bottom rug. I read some people have gotten roof seal kits. Is that an easy install or do I need to go to a shop to get it fixed? Additionally im having trouble lifting the carpeting all off. There is water soaked inside and below. Do I need to take any specific action to be able to release the carpeting or is it just a pop off?

(Also side note. I’m not physically in vicinity of my Jeep until the end of the month so I’m speaking in behalf of a family member trynna solve this for me)
Just as precaution, have them remove and re-seat the panels. If they've already done it, then there is other good advice here already posted. The floors have removable plugs that will allow water to drain from the cabin. Carpet is trickier. You might watch this. It's old, but it helped me with my used 2015 the first time it rained:

Just as precaution, have them remove and re-seat the panels. If they've already done it, then there is other good advice here already posted. The floors have removable plugs that will allow water to drain from the cabin. Carpet is trickier. You might watch this. It's old, but it helped me with my used 2015 the first time it rained:
Thanks Duster, I'll give some of these pointers a try to see if it helps my situation.

We're just south of you in Fall Creek outside Eugene/Springfield.

Our 2012 JK was leaking through the freedom top right on the radio. We bought new Mopar seals for the middle, then the windshield top seal...that moved the leak to the doors and on to the floors.

We just bought new door seals...$300 for both...ouch...and will be trying them shortly.

The PO tried sealing things up with bathroom caulk!

Hit us up if you ever want to go on some Jeep adventures!

We came over to Bend for the weekend for a little wheeling.

-Mac