How can I repair paint scuffs?

MallCrawl-JK

I know, I know.....it’s a Jeep. It should have a few scuffs in the paint. Anyway, my (new to me) JK has a few scuffs on the rear driver side fender. Almost like somebody grazed a garage door or something. It looks like they filled in the scuffs with a paint pen and it is mostly unnoticeable. But it is bugging me. I think if I were to wet sand the fender and apply a couple coats of rattle can Mopar clear, the scuffs would probably be invisible. Is this a dumb idea? Will the clear coat stick to the original clear if I wet sand or will it peel up and look worse than my original problem.

I know, I know.....it’s a Jeep. It should have a few scuffs in the paint. Anyway, my (new to me) JK has a few scuffs on the rear driver side fender. Almost like somebody grazed a garage door or something. It looks like they filled in the scuffs with a paint pen and it is mostly unnoticeable. But it is bugging me. I think if I were to wet sand the fender and apply a couple coats of rattle can Mopar clear, the scuffs would probably be invisible. Is this a dumb idea? Will the clear coat stick to the original clear if I wet sand or will it peel up and look worse than my original problem.
I will say, a lot of people (the previous owner may have been one of these) think that a paint pen will hide everything and its for aesthetics. While it does help with aesthetics, it is mainly to prevent further damage and rust (i could be wrong). I wouldn't say it is a dumb idea, but watch videos on the process if you have never done it before. I have a lot of love marks from the trail and come spring I will try to get some out.

If you are good with paintwork, you could mask off the area, sand, and blend paint.

Got any photos of the scratches?

Here is a shot of the top of the fender. Also a few more on the leading edge. Pretty minor so I don’t want to make it worse. If I can sand the bumps from the paint pen down and scuff the clear a little I’m hoping that a new coat or 2 of clear will lay down and make these look mostly invisible. But if it’s going to make things worse, I may just leave it alone. Then again, if I screw it up I have an excuse to buy some new fenders. Haha
C3E6B91F-C80B-49F5-A83A-7CD523BDFB0E.jpeg

Ahh, looks like it was taken down to bare metal and someone touched them up. You could try adding some clear coat to those areas and then polishing it, but it's going to be really tough to get those to look much better than they already do.