How can I achieve a softer ride?

Dave

I have a 2010 Rubicon. I rarely go off road and would like a softer ride. I need recommendations for shocks, 2" lift?, tires, and maybe springs.

Double on that, I would like a softer ride to. My only off roading is coming home from town, dodge balling big game. I am going to haul up those 17in OEM AL rims from the basement ( can I paint them black?) and put a comfy all weather tire on them. My springs are sound, but the shocks are past peak . Thoughts?

Trade the Jeep in for a Cadillac? lol

Depending on what tires you have on - lowering your PSI may help (if they are a heavy load tire)..

I used to work on Rolls Royce back in the early 90s. Very soft ride, handled like boats. And I think the tire PSI was 22 or 24. But when you own a Rolls the price of gas, does not mean anything.

I have a 2010 Rubicon. I rarely go off road and would like a softer ride. I need recommendations for shocks, 2" lift?, tires, and maybe springs.
What tires do you have now?
What shocks do you have now?

mid it completely stock?

How many miles on the JK?
I have an 08 Jk with 2 “ suspension lift and 1” body lift, 35” BFG mid tires and Bilstein shocks. It rides smooth as all get out. I have a 05 TJ that I’m trying to get that smooth.

2” is easy, OME Kit is quality depending on which one, and while I like Bilstein, I believe Rancho has some really soft JK shocks, someone else may know the model.

Your tire and the pressure is a huge part, you cannot have them inflated too much, or they’re like riding on rocks. Tires With 26-28 psi and good shocks will make the most difference in not having a rough ride.

I think the rancho 5000x are highly recommended on and off road. Not sure why you'd need 2" lift if you're not planning to leave the asphalt, for tires BFG K02 are also amazing on and offroad. My 2cts.

Reactions: Daddyo2373
I think the rancho 5000x are highly recommended on and off road. Not sure why you'd need 2" lift if you're not planning to leave the asphalt, for tires BFG K02 are also amazing on and offroad. My 2cts.
Looks are a good enough reason for me.
Springs set height, higher springs will not impact softer ride very much, just will set it higher.

3” and 33’s KO2 at 26psi Would be soft.

Good shocks, a C rated tire, and around 26-28 psi (no higher) and you'll have a fantastic ride, I promise.

We bought our Jeep about 3 weeks ago. We first drove a 2016 Rubicon and it had a pretty severe stiff/rough ride. We then drove a 2018 Sahara and it rode much better. We will do some mild off roading during a 2 week vacation annually... just to get back to some fishing and hiking areas. We bought the Sahara.

Air pressure has a huge impact.

I will say my AEV 2.5" lift on my 2dr has great road manners, rides better than stock and does what I want it to do on the trails.