Horn Upgrade

Oscar-Mike

JK Enthusiast
1574813861030.png
What do you guys think of this upgrade? 12v 300db honk! honk!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bubslipknot101
Yesterday on the road some dude in front of me at a 4-way intersection slowed down and then fully stopped at a green light (our lane is moving roughly around 35 mph) I thought he was turning right but did not signal.
Boy did I tested my horn :) I feel embarrassed to all the people looking at us but this upgrade was worth it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chris
I remember having Hella air horns in my old 1991 VW GTI when I was growing up. I loved the look on people's faces when I would honk at them, because no one was expecting it. They really got people's attention though, that's for sure.

Bought a button switch and a wiring kit then modified it to wire the large horn mounted inside the engine bay.
1578447315499.png
1578447349778.png
1578447414561.png

Ah. Can you "bip" it easier than the stock horn? Sometimes I just want people to look up from their phone & notice the light changed rather than a full on blast.

Have a link for the horn? And harness? I like the weatherproof connector...

Last edited:
I'm an old fucker, I've done these "upgrades".

But really, other than a quick beep with the stock horn, do you really want the old lady at the bus stop to have a heart attack when you honk at Joe Realtor texting?

Same thing with.... "WOW these are bright LEDs"!!! ..... do you really want to blind the oncoming traffic? Darwanism will eventually solve the problem but me, I'd sooner have average lights and know the oncoming traffic can see where the centerline is.

My last pet peeve.... Harley guys claiming straight pipes are safer, people notice them.... lol people don't hear them til AFTER they go by. There is no safety in annoying everyone.

Rant over.

Last edited:
I'm an old fucker, I've done these "upgrades".

But really, other than a quick beep with the stock horn, do you really want the old lady at the bus stop to have a heart attack when you honk at Joe Realtor texting?

Same thing with.... "WOW these are bright LEDs"!!! ..... do you really want to blind the oncoming traffic? Darwanism will eventually solve the problem but me, I'd sooner have average lights and know the oncoming traffic can see where the centerline is.

My last pet peeve.... Harley guys claiming straight pipes are safer, people notice them.... lol people don't hear them til AFTER they go by. There is no safety in annoying everyone.

Rant over.
No worries, to each their own.

Me, I'd like to bip the horn to give a polite "hey, wake up... that green arrow doesn't last forever" and the stock horn button doesn't allow it. 2nd the horn on my 08 was pathetic... to the point it was ineffective in traffic.

The upgrades I do are functional. The stock headlights put out decent light but the pattern is horrible so it's not usable. I cant stand it when people have gimmicky lights that glow like a rainbow and blind everyone. My current ones meet DOT specs and are aimed properly (never get flashed).

I don't disagree with your sentiment but I know functional improvements exist.

🍻

I hit a deer one night and messed up my front fender really bad. So I bought a very bright LED headlight.