Hood Catch Rubber Protector

CamoJK

Hey guys! I'm looking for that little rubber piece that attaches to the outside of the fender, lower part of the hood catch itself that curves under the hood. I lost one and looking to replace both and keep one as a spare.

I've talked to my Jeep dealer and can only get the part in a new hood catch kit. I have different solid catches. Also called several boneyards and it's lucky they have a wrecked Wrangler at all. Will be calling Jeep customer support soon. Any ideas where to look further?

20220814_143317.jpg

20220814_143246.jpg

20220814_143208.jpg

20220814_143135.jpg

20220814_143115.jpg

20220814_143050.jpg

This part is common on a couple different hood latches manufactured by Rugged Ridge. It is labeled as "M" on the drawing below:

1661175542644.png

You can try calling 855-466-1985 to get the part. I lost one of these on my latches, which are a much different style than yours, but I was never able to talk to anyone, returned phone calls didn't happen and no response to emails. Of course, this was during the pandemic, so things might be different now.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
Do you have a body shop you usually go to our know someone that works at one?

Maybe they can order the part help you in locating a parts company that will sell one. I'd go in person and give them the charm. Just some food ole fashioned face to face conversation may help get you some help on that hard to find part.

I needed a wheel spacer for my spare this week because I went to a bigger tire size, and needed a temp solution, til I figured out which route to go. No one in the classifieds would sell separately and neither would anyone online I could find. Walked into the Off-road shop that re-geared my Jeep and offered to buy any spare they had. They had a brand new one laying around and just gave it to me. Cool of them. Gladi walked in.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
Sorry. No luck at the yard I went to.
Thx for the effort
Hey guys! I'm looking for that little rubber piece that attaches to the outside of the fender, lower part of the hood catch itself that curves under the hood. I lost one and looking to replace both and keep one as a spare.

I've talked to my Jeep dealer and can only get the part in a new hood catch kit. I have different solid catches. Also called several boneyards and it's lucky they have a wrecked Wrangler at all. Will be calling Jeep customer support soon. Any ideas where to look further?

View attachment 121839

View attachment 121840

View attachment 121841

View attachment 121842

View attachment 121843

View attachment 121844
I want to thank everybody for all your help! I FOUND THE PARTS!!! Unfortunately, I have to wait a couple months until the mfgr sends another supply to OMIX-ADA. For me, it's worth the wait. WooHoo!!!

I might still have mine after replacing my hood catches for some aftermarket ones. I'll see if I can find the box, I don't mind mailing them out to you, I'll never use them.

Reactions: JeepJeezy