Highbeams Always On after new headlights installed

JoelS

I just installed a pair of halo headlights with the daytime running ring. This was one of the amazon/ebay pairs. The red, daytime running wire was connected to the middle white wire of the turn signals while the green wire was connected to the outside white wire of the turn signals. For some reason, the parking lights have to be on for the ring to be on and the high beams are always on whenever the headlights are on or are on auto. However, the high beams turn off when I press in the switch to turn them on which is weird. So if I flash my high beams, they turn off for however long I hold and then back on. Any help?

2011 Wrangler Rubicon 4 door

Last edited:
sounds to me like you have a ground in the wrong place.

I have a pair like this and I had to do a bit of splicing etc to get the halo working, but the light itself was connected directly to the factory harness.
So that is the first thing you do is pull the light and disconnect the extra wires, hopefully you gave them quick disconnects. You can do waterproof ones if you are concerned, but honestly I doubt these lights would survive a river fording, and if you have deleted your inner fenders then some cheap disconnects are going to be the least of your problems.

After that, plug in only the harness. then test. It is entirely possible that the factory put the wires in the wrong places in the harness. You don't pay those prices for quality control.

Good luck, let us know.

Reactions: Chris
sounds to me like you have a ground in the wrong place.

I have a pair like this and I had to do a bit of splicing etc to get the halo working, but the light itself was connected directly to the factory harness.
So that is the first thing you do is pull the light and disconnect the extra wires, hopefully you gave them quick disconnects. You can do waterproof ones if you are concerned, but honestly I doubt these lights would survive a river fording, and if you have deleted your inner fenders then some cheap disconnects are going to be the least of your problems.

After that, plug in only the harness. then test. It is entirely possible that the factory put the wires in the wrong places in the harness. You don't pay those prices for quality control.

Good luck, let us know.
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. I will try that for sure. I don't care about having to use my parking lights for the halos as much as I about the high beams always being on. And unfortunately I do not have quick disconnects so I'll have to unravel the tape.

I bought the EBay halos. You have to swap the high and low beam wires. No idea why but when you do should work perfect. I just cut the wires and spliced back together.

I also adjusted my lights to aim down a bit from factory.

For the halos, I ran a new tap right from the fuse box.

Very happy with mine.

I bought the EBay halos. You have to swap the high and low beam wires. No idea why but when you do should work perfect. I just cut the wires and spliced back together.

Very happy with mine.
Use a pick / small flathead screw driver and just switch the clips on the included connection, no reason to cut anything. probably anyway.

Also yes. 100% adjust your lights after install, these are not aimed in the same place as the factory lights. don't be that Jeeper.

Very happy with mine.
Hey Craig, thank you for the reply. I'll be doing that tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes!

Use a pick / small flathead screw driver and just switch the clips on the included connection, no reason to cut anything. probably anyway.

Also yes. 100% adjust your lights after install, these are not aimed in the same place as the factory lights. don't be that Jeeper.
Will do. I noticed it was pretty high up so I'll get it adjusted. Thank you for the help.

Very happy with mine.
I swapped the high and low beam wires and it works great! Thank you for the help!

Reactions: mrjp and Craig T