Hey everyone, new to the forum and owning a jeep.

Venepaisano

F1FDC2E6-DB24-47B5-925B-49522EB4ED36.jpeg

Looks like someone has given you a head start on spending the dollars, anymore plans with it?

What year is it?

Looks like someone has given you a head start on spending the dollars, anymore plans with it?

What year is it?
It’s a 2007. I bought a manual so I looked up all the essential fluids to change so immediately did that after I bought it 3 weeks ago . Diff rear and forward, transfer and transmission fluid changes (this one gave me trouble since the thread hole was not locking the bolt so I had to take it to get helicoiled) . I have the coolant flush coming up soon , u joint, steering damper and going to go get the struts and shocks checked out (they might need to be replaced coming up soon). Besides that I have my side step and rear bumper coming in this week .

Another good preventative Maintenance item would be to clean the battery clamps and all the grounds you can find.

Reactions: mrjp
Another good preventative Maintenance item would be to clean the battery clamps and all the grounds you can find.
I’ll take a look at them, I know the battery area was surprisingly clean when I checked it out last time but I’ll take another look. Btw I changed out my fog lights to fog lights with halo, have you spliced halo lights onto your headlights before?

I’ll take a look at them, I know the battery area was surprisingly clean when I checked it out last time but I’ll take another look. Btw I changed out my fog lights to fog lights with halo, have you spliced halo lights onto your headlights before?

No I haven't, but there have been others who have done that.

I have to do that too, I don’t like to mess with too much electrical since that’s on another level . Btw your JKU is what year?

2008 manual trans with 76,000 miles.

You have to be real careful with these Jeeps on the electrical as far as replacement parts, need to keep OEM as much as possible. They are real picky and will reject parts they don't like.

2008 manual trans with 76,000 miles.

You have to be real careful with these Jeeps on the electrical as far as replacement parts, need to keep OEM as much as possible. They are real picky and will reject parts they don't like.
Nicee! Very low miles !

thanks for the heads up , I changed out the rear, fog and turning signal lights so far and they have been working so far the last few days so we’ll see how that goes .

08E81D60-ED8D-4903-B443-BEDBE86EA615.jpeg

Nicee! Very low miles !

thanks for the heads up , I changed out the rear, fog and turning signal lights so far and they have been working so far the last few days so we’ll see how that goes .

View attachment 119089

The only issues i've heard about on some of the headlights the high and low beams wires were switched.

The only issues i've heard about on some of the headlights the high and low beams wires were switched.
Got it, that’s the only light I didn’t switch since it came with some really nice head lights . Low and high beams are working 👌🏾, previous owner did a good job on that part . Anything else I should keep an eye out on? Btw You’ve been extremely helpful

I replaced my sparkplugs at 75,000 miles and they were needing it, always good to do the wires also.

You know about the different types of coolant that is used on the JK's don't you? You can't mix them but if your doing a complete flush and fill you can put in whatever you want.

I replaced my sparkplugs at 75,000 miles and they were needing it, always good to do the wires also.

You know about the different types of coolant that is used on the JK's don't you? You can't mix them but if your doing a complete flush and fill you can put in whatever you want.
Spark plugs are pretty easy to do on your own?

no , I’m not familiar with the coolant differences . I know it has to be a mixed of water and coolant but don’t know much about it. I haven’t gotten to that part of the manual yet but it would be a complete flush