Help installing light bar

Acspiker

Hey guys new Jeep owner here thought a light bar would be a simple install for a novice worker of cars. I was wrong clearly. Struggling with the wiring and the light will not turn on, I think everything is wired correctly, but accidentally let a positive negative touch while wiring and saw a spark. No fuse blown on the car itself but did I blow the transformer on the light bar is that why it’s not working?

Have you verified with a test light or meter that you still have power to the hot wire? Are you sure you have a good ground on the ground wire.

With LED, you may need to open the light bar to look at the transformer. If you do have a hot wire according to the test light, then the option is to replace the transformer.

They are simple to replace, you will need to get the part number off of it. I used to have to replace transformers on Emergency Strobe Lights every year or so after they wear out.

CAUTION: Be careful of Hi-Discharge Capacitor located within some units. They can have around 50,000 to 100,000 volts of discharge power.

I'd also caution that if you don't know what you're doing here, find someone who knows how to do wiring and have them help you. Chances are you have a friend or family member who knows how to do it and can show you.

It's actually very, very easy to wire a light bar (one of the easier wiring jobs you can do), but if it's your first time, it would help to have someone there in person who knows what they are doing. It should take less than an hour to wire up in all honesty.