HELP ! front driveshaft issues and questions

Jdad

Help me please. I have an 07 4 door with automatic trans and 3.5" AEV lift and Dana 30 . I purchased the jeep this way so I dont know if the front driveshaft i have is stock. My jeep was T boned in the front tire and bent my front driveshaft around my oil pan and I'm looking for a replacement. I had spicer part # 10020113 in there. Ill try to post a pic. I'm wondering if that is the stock shaft or not ? I found someone with spicer part #5010867-9, which says from 07-11 Will this replace what I had ? I'm confused as hell. What do I need to get ? Someone with some knowledge please help. The first pic is my current shaft the second one is the one I have access to 20220526_191244.jpgScreenshot_20220530-233927_Messenger.jpg

The one you have (bent) is aftermarket Dana Spicer performance front shaft. You can find several similar on websites like 4Wheel Parts, Quadratech, Northridge4x4 or Reels Drivline.

I do not believe the front shaft you show in the second picture will fit but others may know better. The second picture appears to be a stock shaft with the CV. Yours has the common aftermarket double cardan joint. Requiring different output yoke and T/C flange.

Hope that sheds some light.

Reactions: JeepJeezy
Sheds a ton of light. Thanks. I'll look into getting what I had but s**t is expensive. Do u think a drive shaft place can fix the bent one or no way ? It is pretty bent

Sheds a ton of light. Thanks. I'll look into getting what I had but s**t is expensive. Do u think a drive shaft place can fix the bent one or no way ? It is pretty bent

A driveshaft Shop could reuse the ends and then make you a new one, should save you money.

Reactions: mrjp
The second driveshaft has what they call an Rzeppa style CV joint. Whether it fits on your Jeep or not, don’t waste your money on it.

As BLACKJKU stated above, you could take your driveshaft to a shop and have it overhauled. It will need to have the bent tube and all the u joints replaced and the whole unit rebalanced. You’ll have to get a quote from the shop to see if it’s any cheaper than getting a whole new replacement shaft.

I replaced both Rzeppa driveshafts in my 2012 with Adams driveshafts about 10,000 miles ago. They’ve been great, both on and off-road. I got mine from www.northridge4x4.com because there was a discount for signing up for their propaganda and got great customer service when I called on the phone.

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
Also check any local machine shops! I have a local shop that will machine and balance a drive shalf. He also cuts and resurfaces some flywheels

Reactions: mrjp and Danarch