Help finding half door replacement windows

JFaciane

My jeep is my avatar pic. 4 door half doors. I'm searching for the window replacements. The windows that are on now leak and also when driving on the highway, they tend to vibrate enough that they sort of "open" at the top. The top part of the frame on the window slightly opens and closes as I ride allowing rain to leak in. My question is, if I buy new ones, will they fit snug enough to stop the rain? The only replacements I can get are the OEM style and they aren't really cheap at all. I'd like solid doors but that is out of the budget. I just bought a new soft top so I'd like to have new doors to go with it. Gotta protect the inside ride before any other upgrades.

JK Half doors are rare enough that not many hear have much experience with them. I'm not surprised that the only place you can find anything is Mopar for that reason. If you want to ditch the half-doors there are probably folks that would trade one to one, might even find the same color, though probably not with your alien green.

When you say leak, is it that they leak all the time? or only at speed? If not while driving where is the leak? Pics of the places they leak would be helpful. Jeeps are inherently leakier than most other vehicles on the road because of how they are.

Unless the material of the doors is failing, my guess that there is a weather seal around the door that keeps the rain and wind out that has failed.

edit: Did a quick google for "Wrangler JK half door uppers seal kit" and got some results. I would go down that rabbit hole before dropping $1000

Reactions: JFaciane
JK Half doors are rare enough that not many hear have much experience with them. I'm not surprised that the only place you can find anything is Mopar for that reason. If you want to ditch the half-doors there are probably folks that would trade one to one, might even find the same color, though probably not with your alien green.

When you say leak, is it that they leak all the time? or only at speed? If not while driving where is the leak? Pics of the places they leak would be helpful. Jeeps are inherently leakier than most other vehicles on the road because of how they are.

Unless the material of the doors is failing, my guess that there is a weather seal around the door that keeps the rain and wind out that has failed.

edit: Did a quick google for "Wrangler JK half door uppers seal kit" and got some results. I would go down that rabbit hole before dropping $1000
The weather seals look fine, the problem is simply age I believe. They don't fit as tight as they should so they move when driving at 50 MPH or above. Even parked, if it rains, I'll have a puddle on the floor boards (no carpet thankfully). They just seem flimsy. My thinking is if I have new ones, they'll be firmer and won't leak. I agree, $1000 is a PITA to throw out there. I'd trade for solid doors if I could but I doubt anyone would be willing to do that, and you're right, my color is rare and that's why I love it lol.