Hello from Cali

Hotpocket46

Hey everyone, new member from California here. Haven't got my JK yet but am looking around. Hoping to learn more here before I pull the trigger! I'm the type to start modding right away and would like some tips regarding common first mods that people do!

Reactions: Chris
Well, everyone is different. What do you want to do with it? A rubi gets you a stronger front axle, along with lockers and a couple other goodies. Even if you're going for the look, the D44 up front will give you some peace of mind when going to bigger tires. One piece of advice would be to pay more upfront for quality rather than going cheap and paying again to fix it. :)

Reactions: DrDmoney
Welcome to the forum!

I would highly recommend a 2012+ model, and especially a Rubicon one, if you can afford it. The Rubicon extras are worth it and then some. Not to mention the resale value on the Rubicons is much better.

The new millennial jeeps engine stops when the car stops at a red light.
I could imagine an LA Jeep if it survives the CCA-700 battery in 2 years. I heard that the highways are stop & go.

Last edited:
Well, everyone is different. What do you want to do with it? A rubi gets you a stronger front axle, along with lockers and a couple other goodies. Even if you're going for the look, the D44 up front will give you some peace of mind when going to bigger tires. One piece of advice would be to pay more upfront for quality rather than going cheap and paying again to fix it. :)

I am planning to use it as my DD and occasional offroading. Recently developed a deeper interest in the great outdoors. The rubi is def on the top of my priorities. Thanks for the tips.

Welcome to the forum!

I would highly recommend a 2012+ model, and especially a Rubicon one, if you can afford it. The Rubicon extras are worth it and then some. Not to mention the resale value on the Rubicons is much better.

Thanks for the solid advice, based on all the responses I've received, it sounds like I have to go Rubi or not at all lol. I did come into this with interest in the Rubi model.

Reactions: Chris
Thanks for the solid advice, based on all the responses I've received, it sounds like I have to go Rubi or not at all lol. I did come into this with interest in the Rubi model.

That's what I would do personally, you can't go wrong with a Rubicon!