Heaviest Cargo Mat?

Scoobie

Looking for the heaviest and thickest cargo mat made to fit the rear of a 2023 Sahara 4xe.

I looked at WeatherTech, but watching the video, it appears to be fairly thin and light weight.

Same with RedRock.

I have about a 1/4" or maybe 3/8" thick rubber mat in the back of my RAM truck, that is heavy, which is what I'm looking for, but I can't seem to find one that fits the cargo area of the 4xe.

The only thing that I know of that's heavier then that mat would be a hose stall mat they are 3/4" thick but you'd have to make a pattern and cut it to fit. It would outlast your Jeep.

Reactions: mrjp and BigAL07
Yeah... they make several mats I can cut, although cutting them is not the easiest, being they are rubber. I was hoping someone would make one pre-cut, but if they do, they don't seem to be advertising it that well.

I guess I could buy the WeatherTech and apply some of the self-sticking mass loaded vinyl/neoprene sheets to the back of it to make it heavier, but then I'm not sure about the fit.

I’ve often thought about getting a truck bed mat and cutting it to fit.

I’d probably go with one from the Harley-Davidson Fords…

I believe I have the Rough Country mat in my RAM and it is 3/8" thick... very heavy.

I'm not sure how to cut it and keep a respectable looking edge. Jigsaw would cut it, but then it will burn the end I think.

That might work... although it might be a little more difficult on the curved parts, as a pattern would be cardboard, unless I cut it out first on a piece of paneling or 1/8" ply.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
I’d probably use aluminum or steel plate for the curves, simply because a sheet of MDF is hard to manage.
I’d probably clamp the mat between two templates/patterns.
I’d also probably lay it out, mark it up, then make rough cuts to reduce the amount of material I needed to wrestle.

Reactions: BigAL07 and Scoobie
Me too. I've got Weathertech mats in both Rubis, and "light" and "thin" are not words I would use to describe them. Planning on putting a running chain saw in the back of your Jeep?
Yeah, like tough and durable? Or actual weight?

I have armorlite, crazy durable and strong but not “heavy”

Reactions: BigAL07
I have the Bestop mats in our ‘03, and while the floor mats in the front are a good fit and seem to be pretty sturdy, the rear mat/tray doesn’t fit that great, and it’s a bit thinner than one might expect for the cost (and brand name!)…
If our JKU didn’t have the factory mat in the rear, I’d definitely be making my own from a truck bed mat.
Mostly to keep the carpet from getting ruined by gear, etc.
Yes, I realize that this approach would do nothing to contain water, etc, but as soon as you trim the openings for seat belt anchors, etc. the ability to contain liquid goes south anyway.

Reactions: mrjp and BigAL07
I'm thinking heavy to help block the road noise from the back, and help with the vibrations even more than just dampening. I don't really know that it will make much difference, but trying to take advantage of every little bit I can muster up.

Actual noise dampening material would work better for that. And vibration? You aren't going to stop vibrations with floor mats.

Reactions: BigAL07