Headlight question

mgrieco9315

Whats up guys......I was looking into replacing my stock bulbs for my headlight on my JK. Any LED bulb only brands you recommend. I dont want to change the whole housing I just want to do the bulbs. Have never had luck with LEDs in the past but want to give it another shot becaue the stock headlights are so bad. Thanks!

Reactions: BigAL07
Because of the way the bulb type LEDs work, I don't think there are any that would actually work well. I tried a few with no success. Full replacement is really the only way to go. You can get them pretty cheap on Amazon and it isn't much more work beyond replacing the bulb.

I finally picked up some led (with halo) for the jeep and have been super pleased. The only reason I went with the halo version is because my bull bar partially blocks my front blinker lights.

Whats up guys......I was looking into replacing my stock bulbs for my headlight on my JK. Any LED bulb only brands you recommend. I dont want to change the whole housing I just want to do the bulbs. Have never had luck with LEDs in the past but want to give it another shot becaue the stock headlights are so bad. Thanks!
I didn’t go LEDs but went with KC’s H4 conversion and it made a HUGE difference. Especially in the rain

Reactions: mrjp and BigAL07
9186E707-F74E-4441-B518-9D78258E4B49.png

Installed these about a year ago. Also put the same brand in the fog lights. Went in on my J-scan and reset for led Lights and turned on the quad feature also. No flicker and no issues. Very bright. 🍺

Google up some videos on it Tons of jeepers use the set up. U purchase the dongle for your OBD port and license for your Jeep vin. Around 60 bucks. Absolutely amazing. Read and erase codes, set parameters on your Jeep and tons of other features. Even used to program my spare key. Best thing I ever bought for my Jeep. Im sure others will agree

I know you said you don't want to change the housing, but I don't think I'd recommend just buying bulbs. The reflectors are what's horrible on these headlamps. Even the stock lamps put out a decent amount of light, it's just that it's unfocused so you get a lot of glare. If you put in a brighter light source you just get more glare.

I've got JW speaker headlamps now, but previous Jeeps I put in Cibie E Code housings with Osram bulbs, which are similar to the Hella h4s.

Chris has a decent write up somewhere on different headlights that you might want to review. Really, can't stress ditching the stock housings enough. Skimp somewhere else.

The stock headlights on Jeeps are... Decorative at best.

Most people who replace the headlights have to replace the whole unit. Same with the turn signals and tail lights.

My first set were just Chinese knockoff lights and they worked pretty good. They would flicker a bit here and there.

I have JW Speaker lights for about 5 years now and they're awesome. The only problem I have with them is that they don't produce enough heat to melt ice or snow so they do get covered. The new ones have heat wires in the glass lense I believe.

BWAHHAAAAA... first time I've got a thumbs down on this forum. Hey, to each their own.... ;)
If it makes you feel any better, I'm with you. I swapped the bulbs and it made shockingly little difference. Replaced the entire thing, and now we can see.

@BigAL07, if you give me a thumbs down too, I will likely cry a little. Be gentle. ;)