Headlight question - what is this

blong76

Hi all.

I recently bought a used 2018 Unlimited Sport with a ton of mods.

One of the mods was upgraded LED halo headlights. One of the headlights will work on High beam, but not low beam.

Can I just replace the bulbs, or do I need to replace the whole housing? If it is the whole housing, can someone send me a link as to what these are?

Here is a pic of the headlights...the halos glow orange on start up then go off.

Thank you in advance for your help.

20210601_100348.jpg

Reactions: Michael Shatto
Not wanting to sound to harsh, but the headlights in your pic are a relatively inexpensive aftermarket headlight. Although original equipment headlights are typically crap, so are these, in my opinion. The halo thing is your choice, but I chose to upgrade my headlights so I can see much better at night and decided the halos and colors were something I'd rather spend the few extra bucks those cost putting into just the headlights.
Those headlights run about $119 or so on Amazon. You can get a high quality LED headlight and a pair of fogs for the same price:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KNXSIYS/?tag=jkforum-20

I have these on my JKU and couldn't be happier. In all fairness, I'm old school and just not into the halos and different colors and all that. I see the headlight as a very important functional piece of equipment I don't want to screw up while I'm out somewhere. I'll leave the other stuff to the mall-crawlers.

Reactions: mrjp
10-4. I'm not married to the red or halos. If I need to replace the headlight, I'm good with plain Jane...just needed to know if I could replace the bulb, or if the whole housing needed to be replaced. The ones you posted the link for says it only goes up to 2017...will it still fit a 2018?

When it bought the jeep, it came with all the receipts for aftermarket items. The lights that got put in were $200. I have called the shop that put them in, but they don't have it in their records since it was installed in 2018...said they only go back 2 years.

10-4. I'm not married to the red or halos. If I need to replace the headlight, I'm good with plain Jane...just needed to know if I could replace the bulb, or if the whole housing needed to be replaced. The ones you posted the link for says it only goes up to 2017...will it still fit a 2018?

When it bought the jeep, it came with all the receipts for aftermarket items. The lights that got put in were $200. I have called the shop that put them in, but they don't have it in their records since it was installed in 2018...said they only go back 2 years.
I have a 2014.
Yes, you will need to replace the entire headlamp, and most likely both because I don't know of a manufacturer who sells headlights individually.
The halos and colors all operate using relays and canbus that can get wonky with a Jeep. One of the reasons I prefer to stay with plug & play add-ons or replacements.

Reactions: mrjp and blong76