Hazards on when using turn signal / park lamps come on with brakes

Hulkamania

Today my wife was riding behind me and pointed out that when I was using my turn signals, my hazards would come on. When I got home tried both ways (left signal and right signal) and both have it as hazards. Where would be a good starting point? Is there any relays to look for? Also I’ve noticed when I press my brakes, my park lamps come on with the brakes. I’m sure this isn’t normal and any help on that was well is greatly appreciated

It sound like you my have a bad bulb in your tail light. What has happen is your filament in the bulb has broken and touching the marker light side of bulb causing it to feed through

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
It sound like you my have a bad bulb in your tail light. What has happen is your filament in the bulb has broken and touching the marker light side of bulb causing it to feed through
Would that be the same cause with led tail lights?

Good Question, don’t know how led light work with stop/turn and marker lights, i get a chance at shop I’ll taken a look at my tail lights
By chance what are the odds that the multi function switch is bad?
Good Question, don’t know how led light work with stop/turn and marker lights, i get a chance at shop I’ll taken a look at my tail lights

I just started getting this problem yesterday. So before yesterday everything functioned properly. Here are my symptoms.

(Running lights and brake lights off) Rear left turn flashes, and rear right turn flashes at the same time, only dimmer. Rear right turn works properly. Front left grille and fender turn flashes, and Front right grille turn flashes at the same time but dimmer. Front right fender does not flash at all. Front right grille flashes properly, but Front right fender still does not flash.

(Running lights on with and without brake applied)
Left and right rear turn flash properly. Front left grille and fender flash properly. Right Front grille flashes properly, but fender does not.

In a nutshell, both sides Front and rear flash with left turn signal but not the right. Front left fender running light and turn works, but right Front fender running lights only, no turn.

I'm at at loss right now. Going to start checking fuses, maybe unhook the battery to reset computer? Anything else I can check?

Reactions: Speartip
I just started getting this problem yesterday. So before yesterday everything functioned properly. Here are my symptoms.

(Running lights and brake lights off) Rear left turn flashes, and rear right turn flashes at the same time, only dimmer. Rear right turn works properly. Front left grille and fender turn flashes, and Front right grille turn flashes at the same time but dimmer. Front right fender does not flash at all. Front right grille flashes properly, but Front right fender still does not flash.

Left and right rear turn flash properly. Front left grille and fender flash properly. Right Front grille flashes properly, but fender does not.

In a nutshell, both sides Front and rear flash with left turn signal but not the right. Front left fender running light and turn works, but right Front fender running lights only, no turn.

I'm at at loss right now. Going to start checking fuses, maybe unhook the battery to reset computer? Anything else I can check?
I’d check fuses and grounds. For me I had led tail lights and I swapped them back to my stocks, everything worked fine.

You don't have LED bulbs do you? I installed cheap LED bulbs once and it made my hazard light flash when using my turn signals. The computer thought that the light bulbs were burnt out. I figured it was an automatic failsafe to let people behind me know the vehicle was stopping to turn with failed turn signals.

Headlights, front turns, markers, fog lights, rear taillights, are all led. I installed the oem taillights this morning and it still flashed hazards.

What I’m wondering is if one or more of factory connectors are messed up causing a short ? I can’t say for certain but def did learn from my experience replacing headlight pigtails solved some issues . Factory connectors hsve a life span and can cause chaos when they go.
Or possibly turn signal switch .

What I’m wondering is if one or more of factory connectors are messed up causing a short ? I can’t say for certain but def did learn from my experience replacing headlight pigtails solved some issues . Factory connectors hsve a life span and can cause chaos when they go.
Or possibly turn signal switch .
Yea Speartip, that's where I'm going next. I cleaned and checked voltage on the taillight connectors this morning. Finished wiring my roof rack led lights at the same time. I'm going to pull the grille and check all the connectors next. Holding off on ordering a turn signal stalk for now.

Reactions: mrjp and Speartip