Hazards and hill decent not working

SkinneG

my hazard lights are not working and the traction control and hill decent don't work either. I'm was thinking it might be a fuse, but my manual doesn't show which fuse. Has anyone experienced this, and if so was it the fuse?

I don't think it would be a fuse since the hazards don't have anything to do with traction control or hill descent control. It could be the switch panel connector, but I wouldn't rule out the switch circuit board. Disconnect the battery remove the center console panels (need a 7mm socket) and check the connectors. Maybe they weren't put back on tight at some point and finally wiggled loose. Disconnect and reconnect. Since they are all controlled via the circuit board and communicate via the CAN bus, it can be tough for the shade tree mechanic to diagnose.

my hazard lights are not working and the traction control and hill decent don't work either. I'm was thinking it might be a fuse, but my manual doesn't show which fuse. Has anyone experienced this, and if so was it the fuse?
I have the same issue the only difference is my hazard lights work but traction control and hill decent doesn’t. We’re you able to fix your issue?

What was the fix? I am currently having that issue.

@TGarcia you may try messaging either or both members who posted these issues and try to elicit a response. It appears both of them had the issue, logged onto the forum trying to find a fix and disappeared after.

In the meantime, please provide year and model of your vehicle and some of us regulars can try to get you going in the right direction.

Reactions: Dirty Dog
@TGarcia you may try messaging either or both members who posted these issues and try to elicit a response. It appears both of them had the issue, logged onto the forum trying to find a fix and disappeared after.

In the meantime, please provide year and model of your vehicle and some of us regulars can try to get you going in the right direction.
2015,Sport V6

If a combination of hazards, descent control and/or traction control aren't working, the switch panel connections may be the issue. It could be fuse-related, but the traction control system is on a completely different fuse than the hazards and descent control, which I believe have their own dedicated fuses as well.
Are the switches lighting up when the lights are on? And, one thing that seems to be a popular complaint, those buttons need to be held for a second longer than others.

Reactions: Dirty Dog
If a combination of hazards, descent control and/or traction control aren't working, the switch panel connections may be the issue. It could be fuse-related, but the traction control system is on a completely different fuse than the hazards and descent control, which I believe have their own dedicated fuses as well.
Are the switches lighting up when the lights are on? And, one thing that seems to be a popular complaint, those buttons need to be held for a second longer than others.
No, the switches do not light up when the lights are on.

Did some more reading on this. Check your M20 fuse first.
If that checks out, you'll need to pop off that switch panel. Apparently every one of the switches share a connector behind the panel that may be loose.
Next, if all else fails, you may need a new switch panel- (about $50 depending on where you buy).

Reactions: TGarcia