Has anyone used this Banks CAI?

A cold air intake isn't going to do anything at all for performance, period.

Not unless you plan on opening up the cylinder heads with a good port job, and adding some properly sized long tube headers.

With the stock heads and exhaust manifold though, you'll gain ZERO from going to a cold air intake. I know what you're thinking, "But I've seen people say they gained 2-3 HP."

Nope, those are negligible gains which can be chalked up to nothing more than temperature variances, altitude, engine temp, and much more.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to state the facts. Many people don't want to accept this, but the reality is that you can't gain more power by adding more air unless one of the two (or both) applies:
  1. The factory purposely restricted the stock intake
  2. You plan to port the heads, add real headers, and add more fuel via a tune
Don't waste your money on a CAI unless that applies to you. The factory intake on the JK is not a restriction point whatsoever.

I used the K&N system, with a notable improvement. It tends to turn a few heads when I have had to goose the 3.6 down the road. Local cop at first thought it was someone in a high-performance Challenger or Charger. It has a deep-down whomp sound as it sucks in the air.

I have been getting around 13-14 MPG in town where before the mods, she was maybe getting 11 MPG. Though some may view it as maybe or maybe not, I think the system serves its purpose and does very well.

Reactions: Mrriverajr
I used the K&N system, with a notable improvement. It tends to turn a few heads when I have had to goose the 3.6 down the road. Local cop at first thought it was someone in a high-performance Challenger or Charger. It has a deep-down whomp sound as it sucks in the air.

I have been getting around 13-14 MPG in town where before the mods, she was maybe getting 11 MPG. Though some may view it as maybe or maybe not, I think the system serves its purpose and does very well.
Thank you !!!

I have been around and did lot's of reading to all the jeep forums and majority does not have the data to prove that CAI will improve the engine efficiency.

And of course I speak for myself.

I am a creature of habit. Every vehicle I have owned and currently own, I record the mileage, amount of fuel and cost then I put that up on a couple of different sites like the US Government MPG website and another independent website. The US Government is www.fueleconomy.gov and the other is www.truedelta.com. I have both my Renegade and Wrangler on the websites.

I recommend TrueDelta because it is a truly independent website for vehicle reliability, and they continually add reliability reports and keep track of recalls for vehicles. All of which are free.

So I have been able to go back to mileage reports prior to the mods and after the mods and compare differences.

• Sad
Reactions: Oscar-Mike
I have a banks CAI and my jeep came with it when i got it. I dont think it does anything i added the pre-filter to mine, i live in the desert. the sock on it made me loose some MPGs. But i didnt get a Jeep for MPG