Has anyone in PA had issues with these fender flares?

Gmcfarland7

Hey guys, new here, but I recently bought a front and rear set of flares for my Jeep. Ended up getting shorter ones as you can see here...

I live in PA and there are some ridiculous regulations on tire poke outside of flares. Just wondering if anyone who lives in a state where this law is enforced has any issues with police and these flares. Thanks.

I think in most cases it just gives an excuse if they want to pull you over. Things like smoked license plate covers, slightly loud exhaust. No one cares but if they are following you on a slow day, haven't met the quota for the month. I think that's a pretty standard regulation, even here in NJ but I see many PU trucks with tires sticking out past the body. You take your chances.

Reactions: mrjp
I live in W Pa law states no wheels outside the flare. 5” from the body panel. Just cover best you can. They re pretty much sticklers where I live. Beaver county. I don’t much like contributing to the county slush fund

• Sad
Yes indeed it sure is. Old river town. One of the few proud things in Beaver Falls that hasn't been trashed. It's a good place, just in need of more people who see potential. People are very nice and we have a good jeep presence. Not to speak of good local fabricating talents and motorheads ( Pgh Speedway on rte 18 ) Alot of good to be had here. Inch by inch it's improving

Did GmcFarland7 get your flare situation answered?

GmcFarland7 is the one who was inquiring about flare and tire width. I'm running stock everything at the moment. I scratch my off road itch using my Dual sport motorcycle. Though I am thinking of towing my JK behind my rv and doing some off roading with it

Hey guys, new here, but I recently bought a front and rear set of flares for my Jeep. Ended up getting shorter ones as you can see here...

I live in PA and there are some ridiculous regulations on tire poke outside of flares. Just wondering if anyone who lives in a state where this law is enforced has any issues with police and these flares. Thanks.
Did you get the answers you were looking for?

Thank you guys. I think I’m just going to return the set and keep the inner fenders for better protection. Just a funny law out there. Trucks seem to always be sitting on -24+ offset wheels that cover a whole lane on the road.

I think in most cases it just gives an excuse if they want to pull you over. Things like smoked license plate covers, slightly loud exhaust. No one cares but if they are following you on a slow day, haven't met the quota for the month. I think that's a pretty standard regulation, even here in NJ but I see many PU trucks with tires sticking out past the body. You take your chances.
Ha! No surprise, Jersey. What a pit of shyt. The good news is, I’ve got the wheels sticking way out on my TJ and knock on wood, the boys in blue havent f’ckd w me. But that’s because where I live, they’ve got bigger fish to fry. I’ve been to PA many times too, no issues.