Has anyone had pretty poor experiences when working with Gobi?

IndominusHuman

JK Enthusiast
Has anyone had pretty poor experiences when working with Gobi? I emailed them seeing if their rack would clear my rear fenders and have gotten one return email in the past 48 hours. I’m trying to buy before their promotion ends, but with this response rate....
You would think they would be emailing back super fast considering I’m trying to give them close to two grand. 🙄

You've gotta call. I find more-and-more these days that companies are so slow to respond to email, but will immediately answer your question if you pick up the phone and call.

You'd think it would be the opposite in this digital age, but it's not apparently. Give them a call ASAP!

You've gotta call. I find more-and-more these days that companies are so slow to respond to email, but will immediately answer your question if you pick up the phone and call.

You'd think it would be the opposite in this digital age, but it's not apparently. Give them a call ASAP!
Man, I called them twice with no answer so I figured email would indeed be better. I guess I will be incessantly annoying. 😂

Speaking of customer service, the company you suggested for the tie rod/drag link kit (Doetsch) has amazing customer service. I am going to write a review once I get the kit put on.

Man, I called them twice with no answer so I figured email would indeed be better. I guess I will be incessantly annoying. 😂

Speaking of customer service, the company you suggested for the tie rod/drag link kit (Doetsch) has amazing customer service. I am going to write a review once I get the kit put on.

No kidding? Wow! That's pretty messed up then.

I guess some companies are hit and others are miss. Yes, Doetsch is very good. They aren't far from my house, and it's clear they want the business. Shit, in this climate you would think that you'd be doing anything you could to get as much business as possible. Sounds like Gobi has seriously dropped the ball.

I've found it's hit and miss with email, but usually someone always picks up the phone (well, unless you're Gobi apparently).

No kidding? Wow! That's pretty messed up then.

I guess some companies are hit and others are miss. Yes, Doetsch is very good. They aren't far from my house, and it's clear they want the business. Shit, in this climate you would think that you'd be doing anything you could to get as much business as possible. Sounds like Gobi has seriously dropped the ball.

I've found it's hit and miss with email, but usually someone always picks up the phone (well, unless you're Gobi apparently).
I commented on their Instagram post they sent out today asking about the best way to contact them. Somone else commented about their lack of customer service as well. I agree, if i owned a business, especially right now, I would be doing my best to get as much money flow in.

Fedex just dropped the kit off and MAN! these are beefy! I was debating whether i should have gone with the 2.5 ton kit, but now that I see it, if i have any issues with these I am doing something wrong.

Well, i finally got a email back. They said they do not have a way to work with me right now, but they apparently have that on their "to build" list for mid 2021 (which is funny that they didnt even know what fenders i was talking about and had to send pictures so im not sure that believeable). So the question is, do I wait for them to apparently develop this new system plus then their production time so it looks like sometime in 2022, buy new fenders and the gobi rack, or just forget them all together.

I wish I could be like Hannibal and say "I love it when a plan comes together", but sadly right now I cannot.

I commented on their Instagram post they sent out today asking about the best way to contact them. Somone else commented about their lack of customer service as well. I agree, if i owned a business, especially right now, I would be doing my best to get as much money flow in.

Fedex just dropped the kit off and MAN! these are beefy! I was debating whether i should have gone with the 2.5 ton kit, but now that I see it, if i have any issues with these I am doing something wrong.

To be honest, even the stock steering is probably fine. Unless you're bouncing off a lot of rocks, you'll be fine even with the one you got, I'm sure of it.

Sucks to hear about Gobi. They are supposed to be the best for roof racks, but it sounds like their customer service is terrible.

I actually dealt with Gobi really recently, as i ordered a rack in March and finally got it early September, i tried all possible ways to reach out to them after waiting 18 weeks with no sign of life, and even threaten to cancel my order and absorb the fee. One day i decided to pretend i was a new customer and decided to call them as a potential buyer and i got to talk to someone asap.
After explaining my frustration, they told me that my rack was actually being shipped out asap and that they were sorry but because of Covid they had to furlough workers while during this time more people that they're used to ordered, then complained then they were backlogged on call backs..etc....
Anyway, i have the feeling it's really a small company, and i tried to be understanding, I'm sure they 'd love to keep all their customers happy.
Now, the rack is amazing. quality is A+ and the wait was totally fine now that i think of it as all of those racks are made to order. I would still recommend Gobi, for 1500 i got it delivered with 2 ladders, wind deflector and free backpack.

I actually dealt with Gobi really recently, as i ordered a rack in March and finally got it early September, i tried all possible ways to reach out to them after waiting 18 weeks with no sign of life, and even threaten to cancel my order and absorb the fee. One day i decided to pretend i was a new customer and decided to call them as a potential buyer and i got to talk to someone asap.
After explaining my frustration, they told me that my rack was actually being shipped out asap and that they were sorry but because of Covid they had to furlough workers while during this time more people that they're used to ordered, then complained then they were backlogged on call backs..etc....
Anyway, i have the feeling it's really a small company, and i tried to be understanding, I'm sure they 'd love to keep all their customers happy.
Now, the rack is amazing. quality is A+ and the wait was totally fine now that i think of it as all of those racks are made to order. I would still recommend Gobi, for 1500 i got it delivered with 2 ladders, wind deflector and free backpack.
Your thread got me looking at Gobi again even with the wait time.

My problem now is that I have the Mopar Highline fenders. Really cool and rare fenders. I want to keep them, but where the gobi comes down in the back, my fenders go a half inch too far. I asked them if we could make something work and they said that they have plans for a design to fit these fenders in mid 2021. I dont think thats likely as they didnt even know what the fenders looked like and I had to send pictures. I emailed them again and asked that we work together to push this out and I will help with that. I have yet to get a response.

I really like the Rebel offroad Halo 2.0, but i dont think it offers enough space and the "basket" isnt very deep at all (1.5 inch i believe). I want a gobi, but I dont want to wait until 2022 to get a rack.

I could get new fenders, but I would want to go with Aluminum from poison spyder or metalcloak, but that bring up the price of getting a rack to 3000 bucks. :(

They dont charge you until it ships correct?

interesting.. this is the fitment with the oem fenders... are you saying yours go back toward the rear bumper more?
ewl1VJpmNA042lD8Dy0T9lVw=w1709-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

Reactions: Chris
alright so, there is no way they can modify their design as they use a plate inside the rear lights housing to secure to the tub... tried to mock it up:
jeep.JPG

they need to be lined up perfectly to the seam as they use mounting points.
honestly, i think you should remove the fenders, install the rack and custom cut the fenders for a perfect fit.

Last edited: