Has anybody had to replace their TIPM with a remanufactured unit?

TROY66/68

Winter
Lifetime Supporting Member
Curious, did a search. Has anybody had to replace their TIPM with a remanufactured. Last summer my horn started going ballistic in the middle of a hot humid night while parked. I have since disconnected it. Have a base sport no bells and whistles. Have had no other issues.

I just ordered the relay needed to repair the failed wiper speed/door lock relay.
If you're moderately capable/technical you should be able to tackle this.
I found this pic that indicates which relays are for which circuits.
Yours may or may not be the same, apparently there are several different versions.
tipm.JPG

Hey Troy! I actually just had to replace my TIPM and I had the work done at the dealership (Muskoka Chrysler) up by you. It was over a month backordered and I spent $1,614.50 for the unit plus $129.00 for labour. After tax, it was around $1,760.00

• Wow
Reactions: TROY66/68
I have never been so inspired to replace a board-mounted relay in my life.
Remember to use a ESD band to ground yourself. I have a wrist an ankle band ( acquired from work) for PCB repair. They are cheap on Amazon. As far as I can tell my horn and backup lamp relays are Bitched to date. I have a fused 20amp emergency bypass line for the fuel pump in case that becomes symptomatic.

Hey Troy! I actually just had to replace my TIPM and I had the work done at the dealership (Muskoka Chrysler) up by you. It was over a month backordered and I spent $1,614.50 for the unit plus $129.00 for labour. After tax, it was around $1,760.00
Purchased my JK at Muskoka Chrysler Aug 2010. When I go in for Mopar oil filters, they try to upgrade me to one off those silly $$$$ Gladiators.

Sorry to ask a question on a question but, could the TIPM be causing my 2013 to have intermittent issues with the radio, window controls and right headlight?

I did last summer. Local jeep dealership wanted $2000+ for the TIPM plus labor, and they were out of stock without knowing when they will be available again. Found a seller on ebay that sells rebuilds for around $300, plus they offered $75 discount if u send your old one in. So far no problems since i installed the rebuilt.