Hard shift automatic trans

ashnk

2012 Sahara unlimited
Bought used from a small dealer in 2018 with 95,000 miles, currently has 127,000
Automatic trans
Been awhile since I’ve had it on the trails. No majors mods except new bumpers and leds.

At around 6am this morning I was leaving for work, it was raining maybe 70 degrees, and after sitting for a few minutes I start to drive away (park to drive, didn’t reverse) and accelerated (not like flooring it either) it gave a hard jerk, as if I pressed on the brake - which I didn’t. I was going maybe 5-10 mph and the rpms weren’t high either. It seemed to jerk going from first to second gear possibly? Also when applying the brake, the pedal shook a few times. So I put it in park, then back into drive, crawled for a little bit and then slowly accelerated and it happened again. I did this again and happened a third time. So I parked, turned off, and asked my boyfriend to check it out. This time I reversed out of my parking spot, And we went around the block again, it didn’t do it at all. I was able to accelerate fine, but the brake pedal did shake once. I turned it off when we got back home, turned back on and went to work fine without issues. Returned home from work without issues except for the brake pedal shaking when braking twice. I do believe I need new brake pads anyways.
This is the first this either issues has ever happened. I made sure the emergency brake wasn’t on, I can’t remember the last time I had it on anyways.
I wasn’t able to check the transmission fluid yet, but will be tomorrow.

I did just take it to jeep for an oil change a week ago, only had to because the oil pan bolt was stripped and couldn’t get it off. I had conventional oil in it previously and Jeep just put synthetic in it. Not sure if that bit of info is useful.

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Now this morning it did it again, but this time the abs, traction, and downhill lights came on. I didn’t wanna further risk the issue so I parked and turned it off.

Now this morning it did it again, but this time the abs, traction, and downhill lights came on. I didn’t wanna further risk the issue so I parked and turned it off.

Those lights can be from the steering wheel not being centered.

The other issues would be best to have the brakes checked, you could have a caliper hanging up.

So it my transmission fluid was a little low, so I added some.
The issue getting into second gear still persists, the abs traction and downhill lights went off. However, if I drive out of my parking spot the issue happens. If I reverse out of my parking spot then drive it does not happen.
I will be checking my brakes today.