Halo headlight recommendations?

Josie

I'm looking for Halo headlights for my 2017 unlimited Sport that are easy install, plug and go type...with good instructions. No colored headlights. Any suggestions?

• USA Proud
Reactions: mrjp
My recommendation: spend your hard-earned money and something more useful.

Sorry, the older I get, the less my filters work. But, if you ask me a question, I'll give you my honest answer.

Any of the $100 halo lights are good. They are effectively the same things, more than likely made in the same factory. Look for integrated CANBUS. That's about it. You could pay the almost $1000 and be sure you are getting a high quality product, or you can simply pick some up that work fine. I've had cheap ones on my last two jeeps. Perfect? nope. Good enough though, and heaps better than the stock ones that are powered by a sad birthday candle.

You will have to do some splicing to get the halo part to work, doesn't matter how much you pay. Instructions are going to suck. There are tons of videos online showing how. That is probably where to start. Look up how to vids on Youtube and they will probably link what they bought. Start there.

When you do get new headlights, 100% adjust them before driving at night. Don't be that jeep that blinds everybody, you know, like all modern trucks do.

Reactions: Zaythedad
Any of the $100 halo lights are good. They are effectively the same things, more than likely made in the same factory. Look for integrated CANBUS. That's about it. You could pay the almost $1000 and be sure you are getting a high quality product, or you can simply pick some up that work fine. I've had cheap ones on my last two jeeps. Perfect? nope. Good enough though, and heaps better than the stock ones that are powered by a sad birthday candle.

You will have to do some splicing to get the halo part to work, doesn't matter how much you pay. Instructions are going to suck. There are tons of videos online showing how. That is probably where to start. Look up how to vids on Youtube and they will probably link what they bought. Start there.

When you do get new headlights, 100% adjust them before driving at night. Don't be that jeep that blinds everybody, you know, like all modern trucks do.
Thank you for the info! I had halos on my last Jeep. They were not good and I didn't install them, my ex did. He spent all day messing with it. I like the look, but not sure I know enough to splice. I will take your advice though and start watching some YouTube videos!

Reactions: franka548

X2

ive had cheap Sunpies on the two tjs i have and on my JK now and gthey all work great halos are nice and perfect.

I got the Audexen Halos off amazon for $160 and it took me 30-45 minutes to install and that was wiring the halos to come on with the ignition. They look sick and are the brightest I’ve seen. Well worth the money to not have yellow headlights that you can’t see anything with.

I'm up in snow country in Massachusetts. Do I really have to go with Heated LEDs ?
Northern Montana here. Hasn't been crazy cold lately and I normally park in a garage, but I've never noticed anything that would make me want heated LEDs.

I got these a little bit ago as slightly higher quality halos, but still on the definite cheaper end.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TW4WHVB/?tag=jkforum-20