Had anyone converted manual windows to power windows?

Kimcade

Has anyone ever converted their manual windows to power windows. If you have what kit did you use and how well do they work?

I have not. Before recently getting my JK with PWs, my TJ had manual windows, loved the simplicity and low weight, imho I'd stay manual.

I am starting this project next week. There is another forum board that goes into great detail, what parts to buy, wiring, etc!!! I'll let you know how it goes!!

I can't imagine having the slightest inclination to take this on unless I was just completely bored and didn't have anything better to do.

But, good luck to you all....
Jesus, Do not try this on a 2007-2010. Its a nightmare for the rear doors. The switches are supposed to go in the rear of the center console but the kit wants you to but them on the door panels and if you do they will look absolutely terrible. Scrambling to figure out a solution. Front was straight forward.

Window switch 1.jpeg

Window switch 2.jpeg

Reactions: Anybodyhome
Jesus, Do not try this on a 2007-2010. Its a nightmare for the rear doors. The switches are supposed to go in the rear of the center console but the kit wants you to but them on the door panels and if you do they will look absolutely terrible. Scrambling to figure out a solution. Front was straight forward.
I don't use my back seat, it stays folded down 99% of the time for my dogs, but those switches on the back side of the console for the rear windows are just nasty to keep clean where they are. I'd almost wish they were on the door panel.

I don't use my back seat, it stays folded down 99% of the time for my dogs, but those switches on the back side of the console for the rear windows are just nasty to keep clean where they are. I'd almost wish they were on the door panel.
Well that's good to know!! It looks do bad I actually went to the junk yard and got 4 door panels from a 2010 that had power windows and I am going to use them. I am not even going to out the rear switches in, I am going to keep them wrapped up inside the door panel. I'll add pictures when its done.

Well that's good to know!! It looks do bad I actually went to the junk yard and got 4 door panels from a 2010 that had power windows and I am going to use them. I am not even going to out the rear switches in, I am going to keep them wrapped up inside the door panel. I'll add pictures when its done.
There's another consideration as well.
Jeep went to great lengths to keep everything at dashboard height in case you felt the need to drive through a foot or 2 of water. Why are the rear window power buttons down at the rear of the console? The entire back side of the console with the AC converter, window buttons, etc. are the lowest installed electrical connections in the vehicle.

Here are the pictures as promised.
FYI the rear window switches are inside the door zip tied up. I did not want to cut new holes. They work very well!!

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image4.jpeg