Ground locations on 2007 JK

Jdad

Does anyone have grounding locations and what's actually grounded there ? 07 jku please. Seems as if this is confidential stuff for some reason . So if not I'll guess I'll have to pay. Thanks in advance if anyone can possibly help

Buy a pack of braided ground straps and stick them anywhere you want. Engine to frame, battery to frame, battery to engine. They won't hurt.

I've seen alternators with bad diodes cause your whining issue too

Reactions: Lxxtsy and mrjp
Thanks for the replies. I actually just did the big 3 this weekend. Did batt to pass fender and batt to motor down low on pass side and batt + to alt + with 1/0. I have some 1/0 left so I would use that for the following... Should I do batt to frame and batt to alt case ? Or can I do motor to frame ? Which do u think is better ? Also should I go from firewall to batt or can I ground that to frame or motor ? Is it bad to have everything grounded back to the battery ? I'm a little confused as how what to what works for ground

Thanks for the replies. I actually just did the big 3 this weekend. Did batt to pass fender and batt to motor down low on pass side and batt + to alt + with 1/0. I have some 1/0 left so I would use that for the following... Should I do batt to frame and batt to alt case ? Or can I do motor to frame ? Which do u think is better ? Also should I go from firewall to batt or can I ground that to frame or motor ? Is it bad to have everything grounded back to the battery ? I'm a little confused as how what to what works for ground

Everything that uses 12v power starts at the battery Pos. terminal and ends at the battery Neg. terminal. If there is interference at a starting or stopping point it will cause a issue somewhere. Most ground points are on the engine and body.

Ground anything you want that is metal and not positive. Lol . Most vehicles have them from the battery to the motor or frame but both is fine. Some do. The motor generally has a few to the body which is bolted to the frame. I highly doubt ground is your issue if you have added that many extra and its still whining.

Reactions: mrjp
Trying to replace my ground strap. Hoping someone with photos can reply.
08 2dr Sahara 4x4 3.8 (specifically)
I have a strap hanging below engine in the area of oil pan. I’m assuming it comes from engine but have no idea where it connects so I can replace. Also, need confirmation it travels from engine (passenger side) to firewall(?) to hood(?)…Service manual list part number that should be the 3 point connection harness but when dealer has part in hand it is only about 12” long. (They are calling Chrysler)
Meanwhile, hoping to find someone with experience here and hopefully mid rebuild or some state where photos are easy to share. thanks a bunch

I have a strap hanging below engine in the area of oil pan. I’m assuming it comes from engine but have no idea where it connects so I can replace. Also, need confirmation it travels from engine (passenger side) to firewall(?) to hood(?)…Service manual list part number that should be the 3 point connection harness but when dealer has part in hand it is only about 12” long. (They are calling Chrysler)
Meanwhile, hoping to find someone with experience here and hopefully mid rebuild or some state where photos are easy to share. thanks a bunch
Update from Chrysler, there is a design change and the strap portion to the hood is no longer needed.
Now just have to figure out how to ground engine to firewall with only 12”

Update from Chrysler, there is a design change and the strap portion to the hood is no longer needed.
Now just have to figure out how to ground engine to firewall with only 12”

The firewall is less then 12" away from the engine, either make a new mounting spot on firewall or move the other end on the engine.

The bolt is on the engine behind the heat shield if it's a ground strap hanging down/broken. Very common.

This video includes a place you can buy them, the size of the eyelet and the length to order. I replaced both of mine and they are very good quality and inexpensive too.