Gps not opening

Widetrack

I have a 15 Rubicon unlimited and when switching to the GPS it is stuck on the opening copyright screen and will not advance to the normal map screen. Other radio functions are fine. Powered down multiple times and waited 12-15 minutes but still sits there with version and copyright screen. Any ideas? Thanks

I have a 15 Rubicon unlimited and when switching to the GPS it is stuck on the opening copyright screen and will not advance to the normal map screen. Other radio functions are fine. Powered down multiple times and waited 12-15 minutes but still sits there with version and copyright screen. Any ideas? Thanks
Here are a couple possibilities I've read elsewhere:

For the latest Uconnect® version 8.4, this is how you can perform a soft reset of the system:
  1. Turn your key in the ignition to “Run,” but leave the car in park.
  2. Simultaneously press the volume button and the tuner knob at the same time.
  3. Continue pressing them down for 10 – 20 seconds.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had the problem of the GPS screen frozen on the Garmin intro screen for about a year. Tried everything I read, the best I got is to have it run for a day or two and it quit. It turns out the problem is not hardware but software (since it can run for a day or two). Solution is in two parts. The first one is to restart the unit. You do this by pressing on the lower right corner of the Intro screen( a bit above the HIDE NAV button) for about 10 seconds or so. It's a bit difficult to find this hidden button, but after a few try, you'll get it. Now the unit reboots and you seem to be able to use the unit, only to have the problem back a little later. Now the second part: the problem is some kind of memory full condition, and even deleting everything doesn't seem to cure it. In fact the unit keeps a record of every trip you do to be used by "MyTrends" function. As you use your car, this accumulates until you have the memory problem. So go in the System Options (can't remember which one), and turn of "MyTrends". This will delete all routes in the units, and the problem is solved. This second step should be repeated every 6 months or so, as I don't know if it collects the data even when "MyTrends" is off. I'm pretty sure Garmin knows about this, they are not fools.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm pretty sure Garmin knows about this, they are not fools." They do have some problems with customer service though. And, now that they are nearly the only player on the block for handhelds, they are also getting expensive.