Goodyear Ultraterrain AT's

ctu5000

Hey...
I'm new to the forum, and have a question. I'll need to replace the OE BFG Mud Terrain tires soon on my 2016 JK Rubicon soon. I really don't like the BFG's that came on the Jeep and want to switch to an AT tire. While looking around at the usual alternatives, I ran across a tire that I had not seen before... the Goodyear Ultraterrain AT. Apparently it is a tire Goodyear makes exclusively for Discount Tire. I know the GY Duratracs have a pretty good reputation, and I'm wondering if these Ultraterrain AT's are basically a re-branded Duratrac.

Anybody familiar with Goodyear Ultraterrain AT's?

Thanks...

PS I did do a search on this site for Goodyear Ultraterrain's and nothing came up.

Don't know much about them but make sure to check the load rating on them, A ( D or E ) could be a rougher riding tire unless your a serious Offroader.

TIRE SPECS

SECTION WIDTH 35
ASPECT RATIO 12.5
RIM DIAMETER 17"
OVERALL DIAMETER 34.8"
RIM WIDTH RANGE 7.5" - 11.5"
WEIGHT 68 LBS
TREAD DEPTH 18"
LOAD INDEX 121
LOAD RANGE E2
MAX PSI 65 PSI
SPEED RATING UP TO 100 MPH
SIDEWALL DESC. SERRATED BLACK LETTERING
VPN 400198778
GTIN 697662136361

Doesn't look like a Duratrac twin. More highway than trail.

No idea the impartiality of that site, but it sounds like a good option for a weekend warrior that wants good highway manners, is snow rated and has capability in the dirt.

So are you looking at changing the tire size? Your jeep should have 255/75/17s and this tire doesn't come in that size. There is a 265/70/17 but that is a bit shorter, and a bit wider.

I'm a fan of Falken tires, but they don't have stock size either.

This site is a tool I use.

If you look to the right after entering your tire size it gives you close options.

If you get a tire that is more than around .4 inches different in height you will need to adjust your speedometer, plus most corporate shops won't put tires of a different size on the vehicle. Know where you are getting the work done before buying tires of a different size than stock.

So are you looking at changing the tire size? Your jeep should have 255/75/17s and this tire doesn't come in that size. There is a 265/70/17 but that is a bit shorter, and a bit wider.

If you look to the right after entering your tire size it gives you close options.

If you get a tire that is more than around .4 inches different in height you will need to adjust your speedometer, plus most corporate shops won't put tires of a different size on the vehicle. Know where you are getting the work done before buying tires of a different size than stock.

I know Walmart will only put the size that it shows on the door sticker.

Doesn't look like a Duratrac twin. More highway than trail.

No idea the impartiality of that site, but it sounds like a good option for a weekend warrior that wants good highway manners, is snow rated and has capability in the dirt.
Thanks for the info...

Thanks for the info! Yep, I know that some of the tires I'm looking at don't come in the stock 255/75/17 size and that I might have to go with a slightly different size.