Going on a trail ride, what should I bring?

BigFella

I’m new to your forum... I’m Going on a ride from Parker Az. To Yuma Az. On the Arizona Peace Trail in March. I’m going with 2 Jeeps and we will be following about 30 Side by sides. Other than airing down and all of the normal essentials, any ideas what to bring? ( I sold my side by side and wanted something more comfortable that Mama would enjoy, although I have a bunch of friends with side by sides)

92448CE4-7241-44C0-B7AF-DE7D0FAE7767.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
Can you list what all you already have that you're bringing along? That would be a good start (y)

make sure you have rear recovery points... and NO, the ball for your trailer is not a good recovery point... you can remove the hitch, and put a recovery strap's eye inside the hitch receiver, using the pin to secure it. You can fit both eyes if you need a shorter strap .

1581385625496.png

Can you list what all you already have that you're bringing along? That would be a good start (y)

this would be the first step... "all the normal essentials" vary a lot from one another...

my essentials include a shovel, rain gear, gloves, tools, headlamp, tarp, winch controller, extra shackle and snatch block, tow strap, multimeter.....

Reactions: Chris
Bag of common tools (inc Impact Driver)
Tall jeep jack
Compressor
Tire deflators
Rain Gear
Smitty Built recovery Kit
Traction Boards
Race Radio 60 watt

this would be the first step... "all the normal essentials" vary a lot from one another...

my essentials include a shovel, rain gear, gloves, tools, headlamp, tarp, winch controller, extra shackle and snatch block, tow strap, multimeter.....
Thank you

Tall jeep jack
Compressor
Tire deflators
Rain Gear
Traction Boards
Race Radio 60 watt

Carry one (or a few) of these, always:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006QF3TW4/?tag=jkforum-20

Even if you're planning on only going out for the day, having one of those can literally be a lift saver incase you ever get stuck.

Your list actually sounds pretty good though all honesty. I'd probably add a warm outdoor sleeping bag to the list, as well as a change of clothes, baby wipes (for cleaning), and some MREs. Those sort of things seem unnecessary to some, but like to pack stuff like this just incase I was to get stranded and be out there for a few days on my own. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Oh, also, a good flashlight is a must as well.

Tall jeep jack
Compressor
Tire deflators
Rain Gear
Traction Boards
Race Radio 60 watt

thats a good starting point... i would add another set of clothing, including socks and shoes.. this is the clothing item i change the most, after a day of wheeling, specially if the trail has some mud and my feet get wet....

Tall jeep jack
Compressor
Tire deflators
Rain Gear
Traction Boards
Race Radio 60 watt
With 3 Wranglers you can probably divide up the tool list, 6 traction boards might be overkill.
With 30 ATVs is there any need for a trailer if one breaks down?