Genesis Off-Road Dual Battery System for JK

Ballermaris

JK Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Sorry been busy with crazy stuff going on, but I wanted to post an update on an upgrade I did to my 2018 Wrangler JK.

IMG_0010.JPG

This is a dual battery system designed for the JK and for those who have other vehicles like a Tacoma they also have a kit for it.

IMG_0011.JPG

It uses Odyssey Batteries with a rated life span for up to ten years of normal and for hardcore folk who are unfortunately violent with their rigs they can only give a three-year life span.

IMG_0012.JPG

I had the system professionally installed at a Jeep Off-Road Specialty shop 4WP in Norcross, Georgia. 4WP does not carry the dual battery system in its catalog.

IMG_0014.JPG

Those that are mechanically inclined should be okay with it. I ordered the option monitoring system.

You can view the kit here along with the specs: https://www.genesisoffroad.com/jk-dual-battery-kit

The batteries used in the system are sealed fully and require no servicing. You can view their specs here: https://www.genesisoffroad.com/group-34-battery

In addition, I went ahead and have ordered a jump kit that will be permanently connected to the dual battery system. The end terminals connect to the positive and negative connections which are under the plastic shields. (The positive picture can be seen closely in the last picture.

The quick-connect jumping system can be found here: https://www.genesisoffroad.com/quick-connect-cables
The lengths come in 7 foot and 18 foot for the quick-connector where the jumper will connect.

The process took about one day as I had some other work done to the Wrangler, (alignment, and rebalance of the tires) but everything went smoothly with no complications considering I have a non-stock K&N performance unit sitting right next to the batteries.

I discovered the problem of finding a high output alternator that would work with the Wrangler to be problematic. So the dual battery system with punch out the needed amperage when needed was the most viable option.

Some nifty features. The G-Screen system, controlled from the driver's seat, (mine is mounted near the ignition switch) allows us to select the different settings and to monitor the voltage of both batteries.

Boondocking, the batteries can support a camper and will never fully deplete leaving enough charge to start the Jeep. If you end up needing a BOOST, you can self-jump yourself at the touch of the G-Screen button.

So far everything is running okay and I have not tested the self-boost like I really want to.

Wow, that looks like a very nice (and serious) setup!

The self-boost feature seems especially cool.

Hello Chris,
From what I have read, the system can support up to a week of boondocking depending on the amount of power that is used. Of course, you would recharge the system at some point while running errands.

I don't really "need" a dual setup, but this is a nice way to go. Regarding the install, I sometimes do miss my Scout, or even CJ's with gobs of engine bay space. I do wish there were some higher output options on the alternator front, but we work with what we have.

You'll need to post a follow up after you've had it a while. ;)

I added a remote Jumper Cable connection on Sunday the 6th of September. I had ordered the optional accessory for the Wrangler to add to the Genesis system.
The hardest part was threading that 15 Gauge cable to the central connection point of the Genesis Dual Battery system.

IMG_0259.jpg

The connection point seen here was located next to the Smittybuilt winch controller plug-in point and was locked into place with zip ties. I went underneath verse running the cable through the grill. The jumper cable itself is 15 feet long and coils nicely in the rear storage area underneath the floor.

A couple of advantages with the remote jumper connection. There is no mistaking the positive or negative side of the cable as the end of the jumper can go on only one way. Rather handy when you are up to your knees in water and there is a bear looking at you for an appetizer while jumping your buddies Jeep off.

I believe this accessory will prove useful for those who venture frequently in the wilds and have to do jumps. With the dual battery system, this will give you plenty of power for those pesky and cranky Ford Bronco's that one might come across that have croaked out. :)

This is a very cool looking setup, would be awesome for hunting trips, will need to read more on this.

I can vouch. Love my genesis dual set up. Also have the jumper connection snaked to a convenient location. The ability to boost and self jump is priceless. One of the sleep easy requirements for my needs. Only a 1 hour install if you prepare before you start.

I have the same setup in my 07. I did the install myself and was easy for any do it yourselfer. Didnt buy the remote display at time but figured will buy here soon as easy enough to put in at a later time. Genesis also has a air tank psi adapter that runs in conjunction with the in cab display to show how much psi you currently have at the push of a button for those that have on board air.

Reactions: Meatman and mrjp