Fueling issue

Lost Sailor

I have an '08 Sahara.
Recently, my local dealer had to remove my fuel tank to repair a gasket leak. Now I can't get fuel in. As slow as I can pump, I only get 1/10 of a gallon in before it shuts off.
So I take it back to the dealer figuring the vent line got kinked when they reinstalled the tank. They're now telling me that it won't fill because the catalytic converter is bad. This makes absolutely no sense to me. Has anyone heard of anything like this?

• Face Palm
Reactions: mrjp
I would love to see if they would actually put that in writing for you. "Fuel tank won't fill due to fault in catalytic converter"

Send that to Jeep. Because what they are saying is one of the more blatant lies I've ever heard coming from a dealer. It's like changing your tires because you have a crack in your windshield.

Bitched evap canister, I pulled mine 10yrs ago and did a bypass. I think Chrissy (Troi Company) posts this new stuff too keep our attention span. BIG BIG BIGGER Storm a Coming our way. All Good. I have lots of Blue Buffalo dog food unlike the Donner Party.

Reactions: mrjp and BigAL07