Fuel consumption programming

HUMAID ALMAAMARI

Hya guys,

My account is new yet I've been reading ur threads for awhile now.

I own a 2008 JKU yet it consumes loads of fuel, i have thought programming it would be a solution yet which method is best buying a Superchip Flashpaq or going to a dealer whos going to do the programming directly to the cars engine?

Regarxs

Hya,

No, nothing is on in the dashboard in general the car is in a good condition yet I'm just aiming to reduce fuel consumption.

I have long tube headers and high flow cats, viper throttle body. and a Hypertec premium fuel tune and I get around 16 to 17 MPG's. But I don't do much highway driving mostly around town stop and go. I did get 18 MPG once when I drove a few miles on a Highway trip about 70 miles round trip on that tank of fuel.

It's supposed to consume a lot of fuel, it's a Jeep.

There's no way around that unless you want to buy a Prius, Tesla, etc.

The bigger lift, bigger tires, and more weight you add, the worse the fuel economy will get.

No programmer whatsoever is going to help cut down on fuel consumption. Any of those tuners are going to actually make you use more fuel.

Hello Chris,

Then what is it with those reviews on Amazon and eBay regarding the Flashpaq chip. Many have actually agreed on fuel consumption reduction part!!

I'm just curious if it worth it or not!?

Regards,

Unless they would have a Eco Mode I wouldn't think that you would really see that good of MPG's then now. How much of a reduction are they claiming?

Some have said 90 km were added. Yet the manufacturer say the overall performance would be enhanced by 20% or so. Which is roughly 80 km I guess. If we assume that a full tank can provide 440 km, Then that is kind of true.

Regards,

That would be roughly 2 MPG's more a mile in our land, and i'm sure that was based on highway driving. Just my opinion the Jeep would be more of a turtle then it is in order to get that much better.

What is the gear ratio of your axle gears? That will have alot to do with your mileage. If you have 3.21 gears you'll see the best mileage.

Your MPG will also be effected if you have larger tires and have not reprogrammed for the new diameter or you've added weight with those tires and the spare.
There are a lot of variables here- auto versus manual trans, wheel/tire size & inflation, vehicle weight, gearing, etc.
FYI, I once got close to 20mpg.... downhill with a tailwind....

Reactions: Largehit71
That would be roughly 2 MPG's more a mile in our land, and i'm sure that was based on highway driving. Just my opinion the Jeep would be more of a turtle then it is in order to get that much better.

What is the gear ratio of your axle gears? That will have alot to do with your mileage. If you have 3.21 gears you'll see the best mileage.
To be honest I have no idea, yet I have it lefted up an inch and thats it. Everything else is stock with few external mods ... I like it being standard

Your MPG will also be effected if you have larger tires and have not reprogrammed for the new diameter or you've added weight with those tires and the spare.
There are a lot of variables here- auto versus manual trans, wheel/tire size & inflation, vehicle weight, gearing, etc.
FYI, I once got close to 20mpg.... downhill with a tailwind....
Mine is standard. Anyway, I've bought the chip already I shall keep you updated guys on its performance..

Many thanx,

I think I owe u some pics after all this talk:)
IMG_20200709_182307.jpg
IMG_20200711_134125.jpg

IMG_20200709_192338.jpg

Reactions: BLACKJKU