Fox Racing 2.0 Reservoir Shocks vs Falcon 3.1 Piggyback

Woody2k5

Supporting Member
Hey Guys,

I recently installed a rough country 3.5" lift on my 2018 JK however I'm not impressed by the shocks so I'm looking to swap them out for either the fox or falcon shocks. Does anyone run these or have a good idea of what I should go with for the best ride quality? My jeep is a daily driver with slight offroading.

I've got Fox 2.0 non reservoir shocks and they are ok. Running them with the 2.5 inch terraflex springs. Wish I could test drive some other brands. I feel like they are a little soft offroad. Also not sure at what point the reservoir really make a difference, but unless you are wanting the reservoir look, you could save a bit with the regular 2.0's.

I'm hoping some chime in who have run reservoir vs non reservoir.

I believe a JK is in need of 2.5 inch shocks. A good remote reservoir 2.5 will have MILES better performance than any 2.0 that bolts in. Fox, Radflo, and King has OE 2.5 bolt ins. Radflo and King also have external bypass for truly smashing. :D

I run Fox IBP with DSC on my JK. I'll be getting the Radflo 2 tube bypasses when I rebuild the rear end.

PXL_20210211_184903366.jpg

Reactions: mrjp and dcooper45
I believe a JK is in need of 2.5 inch shocks. A good remote reservoir 2.5 will have MILES better performance than any 2.0 that bolts in. Fox, Radflo, and King has OE 2.5 bolt ins. Radflo and King also have external bypass for truly smashing. :D

I run Fox IBP with DSC on my JK. I'll be getting the Radflo 2 tube bypasses when I rebuild the rear end.

View attachment 117967
If you upgrade your shocks and still have some used with life, I may be interested. Dont have it in the budget right now and my 2.0s only have about 5k on them. How many miles can I expect from them?

If you upgrade your shocks and still have some used with life, I may be interested. Dont have it in the budget right now and my 2.0s only have about 5k on them. How many miles can I expect from them?
One of the issues we are seeing with the Performance series is leaking nitrogen pretty early. The extruded bodies tend to not be perfect. If that doesnt happen, depends on your driving style. Good thing is, they can be rebuilt.

Fox says service (at lest oil change) at 50k for street Jeep, 500-10000 miles or so for a trail/DD, and 1000 miles for a race rig.

I will say the reservoir versions ride better on the heavier JKs than the IFP (non-resi) version. But they can also have the valving changed, unlike cheaper shocks. I don't have any experience with the Falcon, although I hear they are pretty stiff too.

Reactions: dcooper45