Found a Hard Rock in need of a home

GonzoBobH

Garage pic.jpg

Garage pic, but...

I just happened to be randomly browsing the web when I came across a 2015 Hard Rock. I traded my Mini in for this maxi. I previously had a 2013 JKU (Gecko green) that I built up, but had to sell it when I got a job overseas. I already ordered a compressor, tools, hi-ift/mount, etc. for this. Can't wait to take it crawling across the Catalinas here in Tucson.

Life is GÜD 🤓
Me: U.S. Army retired; currently a librarian. I have great dogs, great cats, great kids and a great wife.

Very nice! The Hard Rock and Recon models are my favorites (y)

Can you crawl across the Catalinas? We aren't too far away from that area being in Florence. Every time I drive by it when we are in Tucson I'm always amazed at how beautiful it is.

closer.jpg

Thanks all. I started tinkering, to include running the breather tubes. I also pulled the carpet and drain plugs (remembered the one in the jack tray from my JKU days 😁). And yea, I orginally put an offer down on a 2018 Recon -- but the dealer sold it out from under me (after accepting my offer). Anywho -- totally digging this one.

Can you crawl across the Catalinas?

Absolutely. Head towards Oracle on 77 and it turns in to a dirt road, that turns in to a forest road and then a nice couple of hours up to Summerhaven, the top of Mount Lemon. It's an easy run, but fun. It's in most AZ Backroads guides! But if you even want to roll up there, let me know.

Absolutely. Head towards Oracle on 77 and it turns in to a dirt road, that turns in to a forest road and then a nice couple of hours up to Summerhaven, the top of Mount Lemon. It's an easy run, but fun. It's in most AZ Backroads guides! But if you even want to roll up there, let me know.

I'll be sure to check this out! Do you happen to know if it's on the All Trails app and what specifically the trail is called?

Aspen Trail & Marshall Gulch Loop? Going off memory and notes from a trip out of Las Cruces years ago, went up thru Globe and Miami on 70 and came back south on 77.
Carter, Radio or Miners mean anything to you? Really old and bad notes.....

Last edited: