Flooring Question

DickensCPA

I did some new weather seals, etc after getting the Jeep back Monday. It rained everyday for 2 weeks and we haven't had a drop since I did the new seals so it may work, may not.

My question is I bought some new floor mats with great coverage. I'm iffy on the brand Rough Country but I really do like their floor mats. Amorlite flooring just isn't in the cards at the moment. Has anyone cut the "retention knob" out of the stock carpet, removed carpet and secured those knobs to the bare floor and used full coverage floor mats? I would add some type of heat shield between the floor and the mat. The rear section floor mats cover just about everything and I don't get water in back seat floor board or cargo area so I might leave those parts as is for a bit.

I figured I could snap the retention knobs into the floor mats and place the mats where they go with glue of some type on the "knobs" and after it cures have floor mats on bare floor without sliding.

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, I'm new here and when trying to search this I really couldn't figure out key words that got what I was looking for.

I was really ready to do that until I started looking into it and seeing how much work it was. LOL! I contacted LineX and he said it was too much trouble for him and they did too many truck beds. I called a second one and they told me the same thing but to call this other location and that guy does Jeeps. When I called him he said he quit doing Jeeps because it was too much work and too little return.

I was really ready to do that until I started looking into it and seeing how much work it was. LOL! I contacted LineX and he said it was too much trouble for him and they did too many truck beds. I called a second one and they told me the same thing but to call this other location and that guy does Jeeps. When I called him he said he quit doing Jeeps because it was too much work and too little return.
Step 1 - Go to the parts store or Amazon.
Step 2 - Buy spray cans of bedliner and some painters tape.
Step 3 - Mask off the bits you don't want lined.
Step 4 - Spray.
Step 5 - Peel off the masks.

Step 1 - Go to the parts store or Amazon.
Step 2 - Buy spray cans of bedliner and some painters tape.
Step 3 - Mask off the bits you don't want lined.
Step 4 - Spray.
Step 5 - Peel off the masks.
That was originally what I was going to do but being in tax season until 5/15 I didn't have time to take out seats, center console, tape everything off, etc that's why I was going to let someone else do it but no one wanted to. LOL! I might revisit it in June when things calm down.

My time is so scarce Jan-May 15th and July 15th-Oct it's hard to deal with contingencies that come up unexpected so I try not to create anything on my own. I've had the Jeep in the shop already twice this month and looking like a third time here soon.

Dealing with a dealership service dept is exhausting in and of itself. For example I take the Jeep in Feb 1st for P0128 (thermostat) and told them the head unit wasn't working either. TBH I was surprised warranty covered the radio. So they keep it and give it back on Feb 6 but tell me I'll have to come back in two weeks for my radio.

They then called me back that afternoon and said "radio's here!" With my schedule I made the appointment for yesterday. She said it was a 45 min job could I be there at 7:00. I get there at 6:45 and I'm 22nd in line. They open the doors and the service tech asks me why I'm there so early. I told him that's when the lady made my appointment. He said that tech doesn't come in until 9:00 and it was a 2 hr job. I had made no arrangements for someone to pick me up and was stuck.

When they're done I get back in Jeep and Sirius doesn't work. Call Sirius for a reflash and the dealer was using a refurb out of a 2012 Jeep Liberty and it obviously doesn't match my vehicle and now Sirius won't turn it back on so I have to go back to dealer for some type of VIN reprogram.

I'm thankful for the warranty, of course I paid for it, but it's just been exhausting dealing with a dealership.

***Edited to add*** I forgot to add the lady who made my appointment for yesterday called me late yesterday evening very peeved saying they made me an appointment and someone else could've used that time slot and I didn't bother to show up. I tried to calmly let her know without blowing up I was there from 6:45 until 10:50 and they still screwed up and she'd probably be calling me back in the near future for another appointment.