Flat towing behind pickup

JBJK

Supporting Member
I bought a 2010 JK 2d a few weeks ago. Not a daily driver. I live in southern MN so there isn't a lot of real off road opportunity nearby. We make a trip or two the the Black Hills of SD and in the past, owned a JKUR and JLUR and would drive out to the hills and right onto the trails. This little guy won't work for taking the tribe on an 8 hr drive down the interstate. I have Silverado ZR2 with 6.2L and plan to rent a car trailer to haul my JK out in a few weeks. Looking longer term, I've been considering outfitting my rig for flat town my Jeep. Nearly everything I read on flat towing involves an RV and posters report that they hardly notice the Jeep behind the RV. The only thing I've found about flat towing behind a passenger vehicle was one poster on another site who did not like the feel of pulling a Jeep behind a full size SUV and wouldn't do it again. Is there anyone here that flat tows a Jeep behind a pick up?

I pull a boat and trailer the roughly equals the weight of a JK on a single axle. I don't have any qualms about towing in general.