Flashing light red dot in upper right of dash

Thacker20

I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler with a Willis package in it. I have a light that keeps coming on and flashing on my dash that is right above my oil temp guage. Can anyone tell me what this light means? I am taking it to dealership but was hoping to know before then.

I dont have any key fobs. Also it doesn't stay on but while I'm going down the road it will suddenly start flashing. It never stays on solid just flashes.

Nope just keys.

Maybe it doesn't have a security system, but that's what the light is for. You have to have something in the key when it does have the system. Do you have a 2nd key that you could use for a while and see if the problem still happens?

That light is for your skim/security. Even if you don't have power locks, power windows or a key fob, the key itself has an rf chip inside. If the key or skim goes bad, your Jeep will start, run for 2 seconds then shut off. If you're able to start the Jeep and the light still blinks then it might be a silent alarm. You can try locking the driver side door with the key then turn the key to unlock 2 times. This worked for my ZJ and WJ. I haven't had to try it on my JK.

That light is for your skim/security. Even if you don't have power locks, power windows or a key fob, the key itself has an rf chip inside. If the key or skim goes bad, your Jeep will start, run for 2 seconds then shut off. If you're able to start the Jeep and the light still blinks then it might be a silent alarm. You can try locking the driver side door with the key then turn the key to unlock 2 times. This worked for my ZJ and WJ. I haven't had to try it on my JK.

This is what i'm thinking there has to be something in the key, I just figured it was part of the FOB. But I guess I learned something new.

I remember I had a 91 Trans Am that had a chip in the key.

Dealership told me that it might be because I have an after market radio and something might be bad in radio because the light doesn't always come on.

• Haha
Reactions: JeepJeezy
Dealership told me that it might be because I have an after market radio and something might be bad in radio because the light doesn't always come on.
I'm sorry but I've never ever heard of that. Every single vehicle I've ever owned has had an aftermarket radio in it. From cheap and kinda working to expensive and working every time.