Finally my Gobi rack

theRealCrazy

JK Enthusiast
after 32 weeks of waiting, the rack finally came in, took about 5 hours with my friend and I to mount, really happy with the quality but some hardware felt cheap and I had to replace some of them.. (nothing structural, but the ladders mounts for example)..
Also installed the CVT side awning that my dear wife got me for my birthday and the cascadia' solar system as well that I highly recommend (100w of power, trickle charging your battery, brings it back from dead in 30 mins and offer acc up to 10A)

Anyway, I'm really happy of how the rig is turning out, and the wife's happy too, which is, really the only thing that matters....

20200915_190244-01.jpeg

Reactions: KCsJKU
I've been debating a roof rack, the Gobi racks are definitely one of the nicest ones. Looks awesome.
I had those cross bars that literally collapsed on me while offroading... I said, never again.. with 900lbs of static weight I feel way more confident... they also gave 2 ladders a wind deflector and a backpack for free... so yeah.. the wait is crazy.. but now I have it for good!!

Reactions: KCsJKU
32 Weeks?!?! Goodness!

How much of a hit on MPG did you take?
Yeah at first they said 16-18 weeks but I guess because of covid they had mode delays... :/
I literally just did 180miles last night so I can tell you, it seems to be 1-2 mpg over, I'll do one next week with full to empty tank to be sure.

Yeah at first they said 16-18 weeks but I guess because of covid they had mode delays... :/
I literally just did 180miles last night so I can tell you, it seems to be 1-2 mpg over, I'll do one next week with full to empty tank to be sure.
1-2 isn't too bad. I have heard as much as 4-5. I know we drive jeeps, but 4-5 discouraged me. lol

1-2 isn't too bad. I have heard as much as 4-5. I know we drive jeeps, but 4-5 discouraged me. lol
I dont really know how they get those numbers, and what their rig is like but if you do add rooftop tent or bins or whatnot I'm sure it's going to drop more, however nothing that rotopax can't solve :p