Finally Found a Bumper... Maybe?

Anybodyhome

USN Retired (1973-1993)
Supporting Member
Been wanting to replace the bumpers of my 2014 JKU for a few years now, but nothing jumped out and got my attention and met the limited criteria I was looking for. A bull bar that's not too tall and doesn't protrude out the front of the Jeep too far, OEM fog light location so I don't have to add a harness extension, full width.
It's also winch-ready, but I don't know I'll ever get to that.

Anyone have any customer service or product quality issues with OR Fab? This is the ORF-83225:
1639752076614.png

1639752337252.png

1639752370213.png

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
That's the bumper I have on my JK, it's a real nice HD bumper. I bought mine from Extreme Terrain in the "open box deals" for about 1/2 price, just some scratches on it. Sanded it down $5.00 can of paint and looked like new.

It won't look the same on your JK as on mine because I moved it back as far as I could and as close to the frame as possible. I sold my winch that was on it and no plans to put one on again. I don't like how the bumper sits out so far.

Reactions: mrjp
That's the bumper I have on my JK, it's a real nice HD bumper. I bought mine from Extreme Terrain in the "open box deals" for about 1/2 price, just some scratches on it. Sanded it down $5.00 can of paint and looked like new.

It won't look the same on your JK as on mine because I moved it back as far as I could and as close to the frame as possible. I sold my winch that was on it and no plans to put one on again. I don't like how the bumper sits out so far.
Did you cut off the brackets to tuck it back as close to the frame as possible? I don't like the plastic shroud that covers the space between the bumper and the grille with the stock bumper, so I'd like to get rid of that and slide the bumper aft a few inches.

Did you cut off the brackets to tuck it back as close to the frame as possible? I don't like the plastic shroud that covers the space between the bumper and the grille with the stock bumper, so I'd like to get rid of that and slide the bumper aft a few inches.

Yes I cut the ends off of both frame rails so that the bumper was back all the way to the grill and dropped it down so that the bumper layed on top of the frame. Then took some angle iron and made pieces to bolt it to the frame and a piece across the bottom to brace it up.

Wouldn't be able to put a winch on it now but I didn't care I have 2 other trucks with winches. This Jeep is just my DD and no plans to offroad it. I did save the pieces I cut off just in case a new owner might want it sticking out like Factory.

Reactions: Anybodyhome
The factory catalog picture below makes it appear as though it doesn't protrude that much at all. As a matter of fact, the rear top edge of the bumper looks like it's almost right up to the grille.

1643400894669.png

The factory catalog picture below makes it appear as though it doesn't protrude that much at all. As a matter of fact, the rear top edge of the bumper looks like it's almost right up to the grille.

View attachment 120463

Well maybe it's not the same one I have but sure looks like it, ill dig out my receipt and see which one.

Similar to the one Ive got. Nice find. I actually wished mine was a stubby, but after encountering a couple close calls with deer, I think the full width serves me better in terms of actual necessity.

View attachment 120251

If you're gonna put a winch on, that's the way to do it: sittin low. Having a bunch of stuff blocking radiator airflow is never bueno.