Fender liner

IrisM

Hi, I just replaced my fenders and inner liners on my 2014 JK. The liners are Fishbone brand and don't extend in the front to cover all the exposed wiring... is there something I can do about that?

Is this the area you're talking about?

IMG_5381[1].JPG

I can think of three options, off hand.
1 - Live with it.
2 - Fabricate a piece to cover the area.
3 - Buy different liners.

Personally, I have no intention of doing anything about this gap. We have Hook Roade flares on both Jeeps. Mine has the liners, hers does not. Why does mine have them? Because when I ordered the parts for the build, the flare-only package was out of stock. We've driven her Jeep through water many times. No problem. I think the inners are more cosmetic than functional.

Reactions: mrjp
Is this the area you're talking about?

View attachment 122363

I can think of three options, off hand.
1 - Live with it.
2 - Fabricate a piece to cover the area.
3 - Buy different liners.

Personally, I have no intention of doing anything about this gap. We have Hook Roade flares on both Jeeps. Mine has the liners, hers does not. Why does mine have them? Because when I ordered the parts for the build, the flare-only package was out of stock. We've driven her Jeep through water many times. No problem. I think the inners are more cosmetic than functional.

I was pretty sure that was what I'd be faced with. I was just worried about all those wires being exposed. Not going to by new inners since I just did them, so will probably just fabricate something or other. Thank you!!

Reactions: mrjp and Dirty Dog