Factory alarm activates while driving

Edfern1115

My alarm goes off for no reason while I'm driving my 2007 wrangler. A $180 diagnostic doesn't show that anything's wrong. It doesn't affect the driving just goes off for no reason and I can't shut it off. It turns off after a few minutes after cycling through and has burned out to horns.

Does anyone have any reasonable suggestions as to what may be causing this or how to disconnect the factory installed alarm?

It might not be a Factory alarm system, my 2008 Jeep had a Alarm when I got it and it was Aftermarket. Remove the plastic piece under the steering column and look to see if there is any kind of a box with a connector going to a plug under the ign key switch. That's where mine was and I unplugged it and then plugged the 2 Factory connectors together and all is good now.

Had this problem with our Cherokee. Turned out to be the rear passenger door button. Never really used it and for some reason when you open the door, the button would not pop out. Pulled it out and tested it and it was bad. (In my case, it wasn't setting off the alarm, it was leaving the inside lights on).

Now, I know there are not pop out button switchs on the Wranglers but it could be a bad sensor inside of one of the doors. Thats why the above poster suggests to disconnect each door, one by one to determine if it is a bad magnetic sensor. Or a maybe a pinched wire going to one of them. Only other thing could be the alarm system control module. But if the FOB is working to lock/unlock and alarm then its probably not that.

Question ? have you ever taken the doors off? Maybe recently? Check all the door connections and make sure none of them are cockeyed.

Last but not least, if it continues after doing/checking all that, try disconnecting the negative on the battery to maybe reset the control module.