Extended warranty

Dwphillips

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a 2018 Jku and my extended warranty is running out in a couple of months. Any thoughts on purchasing a new extended warranty policy or are they a rip off?

Put aside 200 bucks a month and if you're lucky, you'll be okay when the time comes. Most of those aftermarket warranties are a scam, aka- number game.

I had an extended warranty on my Chrysler 200C. It has the same 3.6ltr as Jeeps. I had the car for about 3 yrs. By the time I traded the car in for a 2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk the head unitwas replaced twice $1k each time. The last time it was in the shop the 9 spd transmission and the rear differential were replaced. That was a $10k bill. On each occasion I only had to pay $100 deductible. It was well worth the $1200 I paid for the warranty.

Reactions: Duster
Any Stellantis North America vehicle is a gamble comparable to their counterparts in the far east.

I understand wanting a warranty. When I spoke to a Jeep customer rep over the phone they wanted upwards of $2600 to warranty my 13. And that didn't include the $120 fee to come survey my Wrangler for approval. They didn't even ask for details, other than mileage. And since mine has low miles, they "ok'd" it but still needed to see it in person. That's easy $$ for them before actually signing you up.

Last edited: